Latest Member
bkstacksit
What's New?

My attempt at doing a show....even though I was still about 4 weeks out

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Gotta decide if I wanna stick to BBING middleweight class or try to be competitive In men's physique under 5'7 or under 5'9 class

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Nice job bro.

Physique or bb'ing, either way, you have a good frame for it....and you did this on your own with some references for prep/diet etc. Like POB said, with proper time frames and a pro coach, you'll do real well.

Congrats for having the stones and determination to get up there.....takes a lot in both areas.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I think physique would be a good option ,,

My thinking is it isn't as harsh as a bb cut , and doesn't harm strength as badly

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I think physique would be a good option ,,

My thinking is it isn't as harsh as a bb cut , and doesn't harm strength as badly

Hopefully you guys know I'm not an asshole by now so just take that into account...

It's sounds to me like the physique division is for people not willing to work as hard as a bodybuilder?

(For the record I'm not willing to work as hard as a bodybuilder towards bodybuilding type goals).

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Hopefully you guys know I'm not an asshole by now so just take that into account...

It's sounds to me like the physique division is for people not willing to work as hard as a bodybuilder?

(For the record I'm not willing to work as hard as a bodybuilder towards bodybuilding type goals).

Who said you aren't an asshole ??
Man they must have been a noob ;)

I don't think that at all from my personal perspective.
I see strength and bodybuilding as very different goals .

Sometimes strength throws all aesthetics in the garbage , and bodybuilding is about the mirror not the lbs...
So physique IMO offers a way to have both, your cuts are not so extreme that you're sacrificing huge amounts of strength , or mass .... But your not just chucking all the mirrors away either... If you stay relatively lean? Healthy ... Taking a hiatus to do a 6-8 week prep to get to physique , is a welcome change to keep from getting stagnant for awhile

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I train as a strength athlete and my build is slightly more of a body builders( much more distinctive hourglass, upper back is very wide In preportion to waist, and I have big ****in legs) I likely will continue with novice middleweight class at an NPC National Qualifier and will probably have more success ... There are more physique competitor usually tha. BBERS anyhow.... Physique is for those that don't like training legs lol

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Cutting to where I am right now in the past few weeks my strength has never been better topped bench and deadlift prs and have been doing insane leg workouts

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic