Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Muscle Beach, worth the drive?

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
What all is there to do at Muscle Beach beside the obvious? I’ve heard it’s run down. I’ve heard it’s been revamped & all the high rollers are moving there. I’ve heard it’s small.

PLEASE FILL ME IN! I hate to waste a day driving there for nothing but disappointment.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
It was not what I was dreaming of when I went but that was many years ago, maybe youtube it for something recent

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
It was not what I was dreaming of when I went but that was many years ago, maybe youtube it for something recent

Thanks for the reply. I’m with my gal & her friend & don’t want to waste our time.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
What all is there to do at Muscle Beach beside the obvious? I’ve heard it’s run down. I’ve heard it’s been revamped & all the high rollers are moving there. I’ve heard it’s small.

PLEASE FILL ME IN! I hate to waste a day driving there for nothing but disappointment.

Other than just saying that you saw it. No, its really not worth the drive. It is run down and yes, pretty small, not too many even use it. The original Golds is maybe a block of two from it but it is no longer a gym. The new Golds is nothing special either unless you just want to say you were there. We went there and trained a few times but nothing special. We were both not every disappointed because its just part of history we wanted to see. My wife being from Buenos Aires grew up idolizing both places so it was a must see for her. You can always drive up the coast a few hours and go to Dave Draper's gym and actually meet him and his wife. I have know Dave since 1995

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Thanks guys. Any others please feel free to chime in! LMK what is something cool from a meathead point of view. Lol

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Dave Draper and a few others probably got more guys started on bodybuilding than most of the Mr O's. Still looks real good today in his 70s.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic