Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Multi Vitamin or stack of vitamins you take daily?

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
I take Vita Freak by Pharma Freak. These get expensive for a vitamin stack. Love them but I am curious as to what everyone else likes?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
In all honesty, I took a bunch of multi paks, animal paks, broken up C, D, E etc over the last decade or so....

I've resorted to Men's One A day and then some NAC and ALA for my liver. In comparison to some of the others, I don't feel any different, my readings during check ups haven't been compromised and I don't piss electric yellow anymore.

That's just me...I don't feel like we get true absorption from the multi paks....saw a couple of studies that stated we only absorb like 18-19% or something like that. I'll try to find something to back that up.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Men's pro-health and always fresh fruits/vegetables throughout entire day.

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
I have heard you dont absorb much as well. I have heard there is a liquid someone is pimping out there that gets more through your system. I use a juicer now and then to get a flush of vitamins as well.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I have heard you dont absorb much as well. I have heard there is a liquid someone is pimping out there that gets more through your system. I use a juicer now and then to get a flush of vitamins as well.

From the study (still can't find it) it was more about the preserving agents to keep the vitamin from "crumbling" prior to exp date which don't dissolve quick enough to allow the actual nutrients to process.

Curious about the liquid though.....and juicers are great. I add ginger, spinach, kale to the fruits for the extra vitamins when I'm feeling sluggish.....such a pain in the ass to clean which pushes me away from using it more frequently. I have the Jack LeLane one.

But to your point, I don't spend the money on the big paks anymore....just doesn't seem worth it for what I need.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
From the study (still can't find it) it was more about the preserving agents to keep the vitamin from "crumbling" prior to exp date which don't dissolve quick enough to allow the actual nutrients to process.

Curious about the liquid though.....and juicers are great. I add ginger, spinach, kale to the fruits for the extra vitamins when I'm feeling sluggish.....such a pain in the ass to clean which pushes me away from using it more frequently. I have the Jack LeLane one.

But to your point, I don't spend the money on the big paks anymore....just doesn't seem worth it for what I need.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We gotta cease the agreements UHC. (Hey but if you did "stack" supps did you notice a difference that was SIGNIFICANT, based on YOUR EXPERIENCE?

But yea I know a few mates whom have allotments for Fat soluble, Water soluble, B vitamins, Elemental Vitamins and a "few extras" like vitamin absorption "aids", digestive enzymes etc.

For some folk we're talking about "stacks" that approximate TEN bucks per day, and to think often these supplements are without proven efficacy :(

Regs
jim

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
I started using Orange Triad about a year ago and haven't stopped. It's a multi v/joint support combo. I originally got it to see if it would help with my joint issues mainly in my knees and it did so I just continued using it. I know it's working because if I don't take it like I'm supposed to and miss a day or two, my joints start aching again.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic