Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Most overrated foods in bodybuilding

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I have no use for indexes or windows... but to each their own...

But I like peanut butter and I prefer brown rice to white because it tastes better.

63Vette

63Vette

Apr 2, 2012
I am a diabetic. There is a huge difference in white rice and brown rice and how they affect my blood sugar levels. White rice is brown rice that has been polished. It is tumbled to remove the outer shell. That outer shell not only contains nutrients, it is also much harder to digest and therefore less negatively impacts my blood sugar.

Aside from the protein shakes comment from OP, I respectfully disagree with pretty much every other knock on the foods listed.

My 2 cents-
Vette

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I've always ate white rice and everyone acts so surprised when I tell them that.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I started eating sweet potatos after I got into bodybuilding because they're good for that. Now I devour them because they taste so darn good!

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I spent a lot of years as a young bodybuilder eating stuff I didn't like; brown rice, fish, etc.

Now I eat what I like: lots of red meat and when I do eat rice it's basmati.

Took me a long time to realize you can hit your macros eating what you enjoy, so really anything I don't like is over-rated. :)

And that includes fish, broccoli (and in fact most veggies), yams, brown rice, etc.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic