Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Mood Stabilizers/ Ssri's

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
Is anyone else here on mood stabilizers? Due to my neck being messed up I havent been training lately and my weight seems to be going up and up. It seems no matter how low the cals are the weight just keeps coming. I hate these fkin drugs!

Anyone else experience this?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Try effexor, it helps to keep weight down and is a decent anti-depressant.

Your most likely only taking an SSRI only wich will make you tired with the weight gain.

Effex is a SSNRI ,

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
This is an area where good science is either lacking or conflicted though weight gain is common in those taking SSRI's the direct cause has not been clearly proven.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
Try effexor, it helps to keep weight down and is a decent anti-depressant.

Your most likely only taking an SSRI only wich will make you tired with the weight gain.

Effex is a SSNRI ,

Funny you mention that Shine, I have just come back to Effexor from Sertaline (tried some others as well) Effexor hasn't been as bad for weight gain in the past. I'm just more impulsive on effexor than the others, I often can't stop myself from putting my foot in it

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
This is an area where good science is either lacking or conflicted though weight gain is common in those taking SSRI's the direct cause has not been clearly proven.

True nut, I have heard many theories about it effecting metabolic pathways etc but this like you said is not 100%

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Well there is always Meridia (sibutramine), which works a bit different but brings up S,N and dopamine as well.
Actualy used as a diet drug. Not sure if it is still available there , discontinued in the US (silly bastards)

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
True nut, I have heard many theories about it effecting metabolic pathways etc but this like you said is not 100%

I've seen many bitch about gaining weight on the shit, I've seen some come back with lower test levels while on the SSRI's.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
The problem is shine with something like this it goes back to correlation does not imply causation and the studies in this area plain suck.

P

poliakov

Oct 17, 2011
I was actually losing weight on Ssri's. My appetite didn't exist at all, I guess people reacts differently to those kinds of drugs.

Ps: The worse part of being on antidepressants is the lack of libido.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic