Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Meal Frequency and Mass Gains LyleMcD:

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
Eating multiple times a day works and without a doubt is required by anyone on the larger side to simply fit in the cals that are required to maintain that size, you just can't fit it into a few meals. That being said both science and practice have proven it does not have some magical impact on metabolism and is done due to said required amount of food to maintain the IFBB type size not due to some biological advantage. Your body takes time to digest food, alot more time than people think.

One of the many bold points I made to try and convince them retards what a crock of shit Lyle is preaching... But like you said in your other post. Read, apply, throw out what's useless.

But hey as I also said, live and let fail these kids will...

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
Unfortunately, most people tend to look for the easy out. If someone says, "dude, you can grow eating big macs. Four a day, every day. I didn't gain any fat doing this...." there's someone who responds by following that concept because they don't think for themselves. I know a guy who lived by that Big Mac shit and got huge. His buddy followed suit and got fat as fuck.

500 calorie diets, and all that dumb shit, work because the sheep will follow. It's up to us to, like many bright people have stated on these forums, to endure the lifetime of experiments and find what personally works.

Some things will be universal due to science, but just because some small college on the northern east coast didn't do a study on it, doesn't mean it isn't good advice.

Juan Morel was stating the big mac thing and how big and ripped he is on them. Then every mother fucker on rx was doing the same. I just can't believe how stupid people can be at times. The protein is shit, the fats are not good ones. It's basically emtpy calories....

But I'm done getting into heated debates with people over stuff like this now. I know what I know, and have made leaps of progress doing my own programs and nutrition based on logic, reading, applying and doing what works best for me. And most of all, being patient.

Now if you go on getbig.com, everyone is on huge mother fuckin' cycles. And they even admit to the fact that "it's all drugs" I go there to be entertained, that's pretty much it. But more and more we're seeing guys using big ass drug stacks with bodies that hardly even look like they juice.

Ah fuck... Live and let fail...

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I would like to see a study on protein synthesis conducted on competitive bodybuilders who use 2-3 grams of gear a week. My guess is that steroids increase protein synthesis (no surprise) and that competitive bodybuilders require and are able to synthesize much more protein, on a much more frequent basis, than the old women the author talks about in one of the studies.

The difficulty in extrapolating "rules" for our purposes from these types of studies is that the test groups utilized by the researchers are just too different from us for the results to be of much use.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I would like to see a study on protein synthesis conducted on competitive bodybuilders who use 2-3 grams of gear a week. My guess is that steroids increase protein synthesis (no surprise) and that competitive bodybuilders require and are able to synthesize much more protein, on a much more frequent basis, than the old women the author talks about in one of the studies. ...

Great point ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Most of the studies are done on people not using AAS. But the shift towards greater protein synthesis does not necessarily mean greater meal frequency is an advantage. What I do think it does though, is make it possible to get the sheer volume in.

I find eating 5-6 meals a day works for me....but there are guys who have great success eating less frequently and larger meals.

I think many of the ideas of bodybuilding diet and nutrition that were held sacred for years are being proven false over time. Ideas of "clean" eating, nutrient timing...etc.

Although they may exert some small effect, it is minimal in the face of the overall effect balanced nutrition. True a person looking to optimize, may want to take advantage of every possible edge....but in the end, these only make small differences.

Studies have shown you will not go catabolic until as much as 36 hr (I believe).... On aas....hell maybe even longer?..

As for what should some one do?.... I just recommend something that will work with their lifestyle and allow them to get the calories and macro breakdown they are looking for. How ever that comes together....just doing that alone will make a huge difference.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Eating multiple times a day works and without a doubt is required by anyone on the larger side to simply fit in the cals that are required to maintain that size, you just can't fit it into a few meals. That being said both science and practice have proven it does not have some magical impact on metabolism and is done due to said required amount of food to maintain the IFBB type size not due to some biological advantage. Your body takes time to digest food, alot more time than people think.
Exactly my point.

Put your passive agressive remark here--------------->
LMAO

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic