Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Mayweather vs. McGregor August 26th

Mrhat

Mrhat

Jan 8, 2014
Don't forget Dan Henderson beat Fedor. It was a very lucky punch. It does happen once in a while. Just pray it happens this time!!

Mrhat

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
This fight is interesting because, Floyd has been out of action for 2 years, there will certainly be issues due to that imo. C9onnor is in his prime with excellent power however does he possess the stamina for a potential 12 round fight. I'd say his cardio won't fail him as quick due to the fact he only has to be concerned with Floyd's hands. I do think Connors best chance of winning will be in the first 5 rounds. After that he becomes a stationary target.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Don't forget Dan Henderson beat Fedor. It was a very lucky punch. It does happen once in a while. Just pray it happens this time!!

Mrhat

I like Mayweather. He's the best boxer of the modern times. He's a shitty person but so was Ali.

Mrhat

Mrhat

Jan 8, 2014
I like Mayweather. He's the best boxer of the modern times. He's a shitty person but so was Ali.
I can't remember the name of the young guy, that he sucker punched. When the refs back was turned, and the other guys hands was down. That was it, I can't stand the chump. Ali was a whole different deal. He was tough nails. And he was no cheater.

Mrhat

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
If I had the $$ I would bet on McGregor, I personally think it'll go the full time with the points going to Mayweather but the odds are stacked so far against McGregor I'd like to lay out the money just in case Mayweather slips on his shoes and falls into McGregor's fist.

What I think will happens is Mayweather is going to piss McGregor by dancing around and wasting time that McGregor is going to lose his cool and go full MMA on him and THAT I would like to see happen.

I'm not a fan of Mayweather, I hate his style of fighting if you really want to call it fighting. Ali had class even thought he danced around, he had the power to knock your ass out. Mayweather doesn't fight he racks up the points with little nothing jabs. I want to see a fight, all out, fists a flying then say who really is the best.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I can't remember the name of the young guy, that he sucker punched. When the refs back was turned, and the other guys hands was down. That was it, I can't stand the chump. Ali was a whole different deal. He was tough nails. And he was no cheater.

Mrhat

Victor Ortiz

Mrhat

Mrhat

Jan 8, 2014
I'm feeling better and better about this fight, the more I think on it.
If I was Conor, I would know I can't beat Floyd at boxing. But I would also know, Floyd can't hit near as hard as Nick Diaz. And I would also be thinking the only way I can win, is to KO "Cheating Floyd". So I'm going to push stupid "cheating Floyd" to the corner early with pure aggression, and make him fight like a man.
Floyd is slowing down some, and Conor, don't have any slow down in him. I'm giving him the flat out sluggers chance. Everyone that Floyd has beaten, came to box, but Conor is coming to fight!!!

Mrhat

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Ali and Mayweather can never be classed together.
Ali had real power, and could go toe to toe with Joe Frazier and George Foreman.
He was a showboat, but not a cheap shot.
I hate Mayweather's style. We had a fighter here in Philly, Bernard Hopkins, who owns lots of titles and was just boring as hell to watch. Pure defensive style, always looking to outpoint you.
All that said, Mayweather scares me against a pure fighter. He's cat quick, and very tough to cut the ring off on him.
I hope he gets put to sleep in the first round. The longer it goes, the more chance Floyd has to win.
I wouldn't bet the farm on this fight.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Ahhh . . .. . . BHop. I never liked him much either, he did have a helluva career however. Read an article on him once, he owned one street corner in Philly to deal drugs as a teenager. Got busted, went away for 5 yrs. Pretty young, maybe 160lbs or less back then, he knew there'd be some tougher guys anxious to meet and greet him. Adopted a strategy of acting apeshit crazy, rocking back and forth all the time, making strange noises, made the usual Alphas think twice about fucking with him. Began boxing when he got out, retired @ 50 yo and was still pretty good. Nowadays he is Mr Businessman, the promoter Oscar DeLaHoya's right hand man, usually seen in a classy suit, looking real serious.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015

Mrhat

that was no where near a "sucker punch"....Ortiz had that coming...actually re watch that fight....Ortiz (who had no business being in the ring with Floyd to begin with) was getting beat so bad, he threw one of the most egregious head butts you'll ever see...the ref called time, took a point from Ortiz, called time in, Ortiz approached him with hands down to "apologize" and Floyd rocked him, albeit before Ortiz was "ready"...completely legal, and more than appropriate.

Floyd has never cheated...hate on the person, the man all you want...most people who hate Floyd, do for that sole purpose, or the excuse that his fighting style bores them...

but until you actually can fathom how much harder it is to dictate your opponents fighting style, and literally have the reaction time, footwork, and counter striking ability Floyd has, stick to watching youtube street fights...

it will always be easier to swing and land a lucky shot, than it is to make your opponents swing and miss...

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
That last part of the post supports the theory that McCreggor has a snowball's chance of being competitive.
The rest adds facts to the mayweather - ortiz discussion. Ortiz had been no model citizen in that fight. Mayweather had ample reason to be pissed. As a card-carrying mayweather hater, I will point out that a man who declares himself as the G*O*A*T did take a cheap shot instead of taking the higher road to demonstrate class and support his theory that he is the goat. As Ortiz should have known, "protect yourself at all times" is one of boxing's maxims, one of his failures trying to fight at the top level. Little O woulda lost anyway, but he could have extended the fight if he was half as clever as Floyd.

Mrhat

Mrhat

Jan 8, 2014
that was no where near a "sucker punch"....Ortiz had that coming...actually re watch that fight....Ortiz (who had no business being in the ring with Floyd to begin with) was getting beat so bad, he threw one of the most egregious head butts you'll ever see...the ref called time, took a point from Ortiz, called time in, Ortiz approached him with hands down to "apologize" and Floyd rocked him, albeit before Ortiz was "ready"...completely legal, and more than appropriate.

Floyd has never cheated...hate on the person, the man all you want...most people who hate Floyd, do for that sole purpose, or the excuse that his fighting style bores them...

but until you actually can fathom how much harder it is to dictate your opponents fighting style, and literally have the reaction time, footwork, and counter striking ability Floyd has, stick to watching youtube street fights...

it will always be easier to swing and land a lucky shot, than it is to make your opponents swing and miss...
Don't even say you don't fall asleep at night, looking at the poster of Floyd over your bed, and that you don't have a heart tattoo that says "mom and Floyd" on your arm.
It was the worst 'sucker punch" in championship boxing history!

Drink your kool-aid and smoke your dope, it was a sucker punch!

Ps, Are you a liberal Democrat???

Mrhat

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic