Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Mass gaining diet

SMSminor

SMSminor

Feb 9, 2014
Hello I am 15 5'6" 135 and I've been lifting 5 days a week for over a year now and I've been eating a substantial amount lately but I haven't been gaining lately. Could someone please give me some info or tips for a mass gaining diet, much appreciated

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you're happy with the weight you put on in the past keep eating that way. Just up the portions. Bulking isn't about eating a particular food over another, its about more calories. What have you been eating day to day? Give portion sizes etc...

SMSminor

SMSminor

Feb 9, 2014
At breakfast I usually eat 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal with a protein shake or 3 egg whites with two whole eggs, snack on some days I have a quest bar, lunch I have either 2 chicken breasts, 2 fish filets, or 2 lean beef patties with brown rice or some vegetable like broccoli or cauliflower,pre workout 2 bananas with peanutbutter with aminos and createin, post workout whey protein shake and rice cakes, dinner varies greatly but usually consists of lean beef, chicken or fish with carbs like wheat noodles or brown rice, I like to keep a relatively clean diet to try and achieve my total calories but I just haven't seen the amount of gains lately as I have in the past, thanks

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
You are going to have to consume more calories than what you usually take in each day. If you eat 3 meals a day, start aiming for 5-6, eat anything and everything in sight. You mentioned you are 15, young with high metabolism probably. If you ain't shitting on the toilet then you should be eating at the table when you can.

B

BikerTrash

Rottens cookie dealer
Mar 19, 2011
Eat more to gain more. Add in some not so clean food once in awhile and if mass is your goal set then don't worry so much about eating all clean foods .
Dump some Olive oil all over your food.
If you actively in the gym 5 days a week then you need to be pounding some food and with that much excersize you can eat some not so healthy foods to get excessive calaries and stay lean and grow .

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
You diet looks like it is set up to cut or stay lean, you are gonna have to get dirty with some eating. Throw in some peanut butter,white rice,whole milk,pizzas,burgers,ice cream, peanut butter and honey sandwiches with sliced bananas, you get the point? Maybe get a weight gainer. Gaining mass done easy :)

SMSminor

SMSminor

Feb 9, 2014
Alright thanks guys I really appreciate It if you can think of anything else to help me out any more please let me know, thanks again!

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
At 15 it's hard to say what exactly is going on with your hormones right now. It is possible that you can eat everything in sight yet still not gain much. Just keep lifting and learning. Improve your technique. Growth happens unexpectedly. You may be this size for the next 6 months and them BAM! You gain 20 lbs overnight. Try some new things with your diet, but overall be patient. Be persistent.

lolsoz

lolsoz

Jan 28, 2012
To get big , you gotta eat big....

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
At 15 it's hard to say what exactly is going on with your hormones right now. It is possible that you can eat everything in sight yet still not gain much. Just keep lifting and learning. Improve your technique. Growth happens unexpectedly. You may be this size for the next 6 months and them BAM! You gain 20 lbs overnight. Try some new things with your diet, but overall be patient. Be persistent.

Totally true.

My advice... stop lifting 5 days a week. Do a Mon, Wed, Fri 5X5 routine. Add a gallon of milk a day.

D

dknompton

Feb 5, 2014
It does seem you're lacking some healthy fats, I'd get some almonds and be munching on them through out the day. Also, for every pound of muscle you gain you'll burn an extra 50-75 calories so just keep upping those calories when you stall out. Good luck in your quest for gains bud

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Man all the advice you really need is already here, but I'm gonna give you another, very important piece of advice that most if not all will agree with me on here.

Definitely take all of the advice given here so far for one. But my piece of advice is stay natural. I started lifting around the same time you did and had the same problems for a while. I was a hard gainer. I progressively got myself from 150 to 175 from 14-17 Which was pretty solid gains but I was stuck at 160 for a long time and I wanted to be stronger so I starte considering pro hormones and steroids without knowing shit about them. Even if I knew all there was to know about them, it was still a horrible idea to even consider these options. What I'm getting at is that I know how much the temptation is there to just gear up and get huge, but don't go that route. I promise you the gains will come. You sound very disciplined to be your age, a lot more than I was at that age. With your mindset and work ethic, you're going to meet your goals, don't let a plateau convince you to use AAS or PH. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to toss my 2 cents about that out there.

Keep hitting it hard man. It's great to see someone so young, so passionate about this lifestyle. Keep at it bro

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic