S

Steve Armstrong

Sep 16, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Utterly hilarious.........stronger than I am for sure, but REPS?????????? I am not sure there was one rep completed.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
I think thats amazing tbh

Not so much on the smith machine I feel, a lot are counter balanced and also his girlfriend kept her hands on the bar the whole time , she could probably upright row more than 140 lb . I've seen smaller guys than Markus behind the neck press this weight for more than a single on an olympic bar.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Here you go... you want an impressive overhead press check this out

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
He lost me at Smith Machine. Klokov strong like Mother Russia

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Not so much on the smith machine I feel, a lot are counter balanced and also his girlfriend kept her hands on the bar the whole time , she could probably upright row more than 140 lb . I've seen smaller guys than Markus behind the neck press this weight for more than a single on an olympic bar.

Bull. I hear what you're saying about the smith machine and hands on the bar, but nobody, NOBODY, has EVER behind-the-neck-pressed 500 pounds, much less for reps. Push press? Maybe, but not behind the neck and certainly not strict OR for reps. Nobody is buying that you've EVER "seen smaller guys than Markus behind the neck press this weight for more than a single".

Anyway, my opinion on half-reps or reps without complete lockouts etc, changes drastically based on what you are training for. I'm not a bodybuilder, but I can understand the theory behind partial reps and keeping the tension up the entire set for bodybuilding. This is scary strong and we all already knew that Markus has sickly huge and strong delts.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Bull. I hear what you're saying about the smith and hands on the bar, but nobody, NOBODY, has EVER behind-the-neck-pressed 500 pounds, much less for reps. Push press? Maybe, but not behind the neck and certainly not strict OR for reps. Nobody is buying that you've EVER "seen smaller guys than Markus behind the neck press this weight for more than a single".

There is a guy in Australia named Russell Townsend who routinely seated behind the neck pressed this weight at least twice and re-racked himself . Gary Taylor the welsh strongman also could play with this weight in the gym in fact in a strength seminar in Birmingham U.K he behind the neck push pressed 600.75 lb check his wiki page .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Taylor_(strongman)

http://getstrength.net/interviews-archives/437-interview-russell-townsend-john-rahme-part-1-a.html

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I can't find a single picture or video of Townsend, only the strange post someone made about him CLAIMING that his squat was 700, bench was 600, and behind the neck press was 500. Sorry bud, not calling YOU a liar, but I am still saying that nobody has ever STRICT PRESSED 500 POUNDS BEHIND THE NECK.

The Gary Taylor guy did a PUSH PRESS of 600lbs, supposedly, but not a behind the neck strict press.

We're debating he said/she said, so let's just leave it as me saying "no way until I see it" and you saying "yeah huh", lol.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
I think it was pretty incredible.....smith or no smith.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Those were full reps, you are only suppose to come down to wear your biceps are parallel with the floor.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic