Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Lumbar Fusion is next. Last year my Shoulder......

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
SO much I don't know.

Always heard the ablation word as it applies to hearts and arteries, and never (yet) to radio frequency and/or shoulders.

Please, go on?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
rTSA left shoulder next Wed. Met with the doc yesterday, former competitive BB. I asked about running OX and GH post op for rehab (low doses, clinical). He said he did the same for his shoulder surgery, needed to get back to his practice ASAP. Said both helped (4 weeks back in the OR to perform surgery and 3 months back in the gym lifting), but keep the dosing clinical as too much while speeding the healing could lead to tissue being laid down that is not as strong as it would be otherwise. At least a doc that gets it and understands the need to get back to life after surgeries. He's big on BPC-157 and other peptides and nutritional support for healing and anti-inflammation.
17 days post rTSA. Dumped the sling on Day 7, it was fucking up my neck. Pain meds day one only, tylenol for 3 more days mostly systemic post op Sx. ROM improving daily, able to do light assisted ADLs, no pain. Able to do now what I couldn't do before surgery movement, pain and ROM. Just being able to sleep, drive and move wo stabbing pain is priceless. I start PT in two weeks, have a pulley system in the garage for passive work, following a published protocol for immediate mobilization. Being very careful do not want to tear the reattached biceps tendon.

Reactions: 2ez

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
while I wait.....if any has tried the Lumbar Ablation....or know about this......Please share your thoughts.

Not regretting the surgery.....I pissed on myself x 2......nerves were screwed I had to have. but I believe I would have been better served going with a Neurosurgeon and not the Orthopedic Spine Surgeon. The set up was different, more thoughts in the initial plans.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
while I wait.....if any has tried the Lumbar Ablation....or know about this......Please share your thoughts.

Not regretting the surgery.....I pissed on myself x 2......nerves were screwed I had to have. but I believe I would have been better served going with a Neurosurgeon and not the Orthopedic Spine Surgeon. The set up was different, more thoughts in the initial plans.
My general doctor has told me the same thing. I did find a neurosurgeon who specializes in spine surgery

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Medial Branch Block scheduled in 2wks. This will help determine if a Radio Frequency Ablation will work.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic