Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Lumbar Fusion is next. Last year my Shoulder......

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I'm always a little taken aback when I see these threads. So far i have avoided back surgeries. I have degeneration L3-S1 and haven't squatted or deadlifted heavy in 7-8 years at this point. Lots of other lifts that load the spine I have replaced. I guess age teaches humility. I think all the AAS over the years didn't help things. I am thinking of Joe Krupiel. He was a 1936 alternate in Oly lifting. I knew him in his late 60s and realty 70s. He was natural and still very well built. He still did clean and press from the floor nearly every day I saw him in the gym. He was still setting power lifting records in age groups into his late 80s. No surgeries that I know of. N=1 here but still...

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Just discussed with my surgeon.....

Operative level was L3-L4. Now , L4 -L5 is unstable and will eventually require another Fusion. No Laminectomy, no discectomy..etc.

I asked for steroids to hold off on the Surgery. He stated in some cases this can prolong for a couple years. Just not looking forward to another procedure. I was out for 10 months. Just returned to work in late October. Years in this brand of fitness and martial arts....but Nursing caused my Shoulder and Back Injuries. Go figure.

The take away is....the adjoining levels can be compromised when getting a Fusion. Surgeon stated usually it takes a couple years....in my case...a matter of months. So now....I am going to lose weight, steroids, Pilates.

I can ride a bike, sex...etc. the walking...forget about it.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011

Operative level was L3-L4. Now , L4 -L5 is unstable and will eventually require another Fusion. No Laminectomy, no discectomy..etc.

I asked for steroids to hold off on the Surgery. He stated in some cases this can prolong for a couple years. Just not looking forward to another procedure. I was out for 10 months. Just returned to work in late October. Years in this brand of fitness and martial arts....but Nursing caused my Shoulder and Back Injuries. Go figure.

The take away is....the adjoining levels can be compromised when getting a Fusion. Surgeon stated usually it takes a couple years....in my case...a matter of months. So now....I am going to lose weight, steroids, Pilates.

Bike riding is about the best thing for my legs. I have lost 3 inches on my legs. Biking in the hills puts maybe 1/2 that back on and the cardio fitness is a huge bonus. It seems to help my back too. Why? Not sure. Probably strengthens the muscles especially pulling against the bike up hills.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023

2ez is that short for 2ez2brich? Or different person?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
rTSA left shoulder next Wed. Met with the doc yesterday, former competitive BB. I asked about running OX and GH post op for rehab (low doses, clinical). He said he did the same for his shoulder surgery, needed to get back to his practice ASAP. Said both helped (4 weeks back in the OR to perform surgery and 3 months back in the gym lifting), but keep the dosing clinical as too much while speeding the healing could lead to tissue being laid down that is not as strong as it would be otherwise. At least a doc that gets it and understands the need to get back to life after surgeries. He's big on BPC-157 and other peptides and nutritional support for healing and anti-inflammation.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Airborne from the old CS board?
Which one was CS ? Don't want to claim it if it wasn't me. I know meso had an Ab that wasn't me. Before I voluntarily went incommunicado, spent majority of time on ssb, ug, and truemuscle. I'm sure there were others, they had so many back then.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Steroid Injections and RadioFrequency Ablation to help control the pain is what the pain mgmt MD is suggestion.

With the Ablation, if this works, the nerves can regenerate, usually in 1yr and will need to be repeated.

Awaiting word on procedure being approved.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic