Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Low Carb Logic - Am I missing somthing here?

mscldrew

mscldrew

Sep 11, 2010
First, I can go completely zero carb (10g's a day?) and I feel great, more energy, no cravings after the second or third day. This shit works so well for me.

It seems to me that because this was the diet humans ate for millions of years (greens, and meat right?), that it has to be the most healthy and beneficial diet for us. It's the way we were made to eat? Am I right about that? I've read all these articles, and seen documentaries that explain how saturated fat is actually healthy, and that cultures around the world that eat high fat/protein, low carb are lean, and healthy.

If we were all animals in an extraterrestrial zoo, would our diet not be meats and greens?

Saturated Fat | Men's Health

Opinions on this?

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
I suggest you eat a baked sweet potato one hour before working out. I am doing the same low carbs but carbs = energy so I would carb load with healthy food before working out hard. Also SOME fats are more healthy than others.

"A healthy body needs some fat, which contains essential nutrients. Your body uses dietary fat to make tissue and manufacture biochemicals, such as hormones. Fats in your diet are sources of energy that add flavor to food"

moocow0463

moocow0463

Jan 11, 2012
ive only been eating correctly a couple years now but i feel the same way, i dunno about zero carb but as long as i have good healthy fats i feel fine all day and im not running out of gas during my workouts either. my carbs are oats in the am, wheat bread shortly after that then oats in my pre workout protein and rice for dinner. i dont have my calorie calc handy but im guessing around 100g of carbs or less a day and i feel i could go lower with no problem. as hanniball said fats can be used as a source of energy and are essential to processing proteins and hormones etc. just make sure your eating the good fats

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I dont like "low carb" diets. I prefer the balanced diet a better suit for me were i get the right amounts of protein,carbs and fats. I find it hard to sustain a low carb lifestyle (unless competing for BBing), for long periods of time. Its all about balance, and im still working on getting it perfect.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic