Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Looking to pick up a new laptop...thoughts?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Mac...................

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Go Mac and never look back. I haven't had the cash to go Mac on the laptop yet but the desktop for 2.5yrs works as great as day one never a down day or blue screen or f'ng virus or popups it's the shit!

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
Yea work is picking up the price so I may just go mac....Curious to try the Vaio though....they are always good...and interested in tinkering with a windows 8 with a touch screen...

I already have an ipad and microsoft suite is important so I dont want to have to have many issues with excel and powerpoint and shit like that

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I have to have the Office suite for my mac and crazy enough it works way better than the stuff I use at work which isn't Mac, I think it has more features too

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
Like everyone said above bro, go with a Mac. Im in the IT industry and work with Windows based computers for a living. All of my clients that end up going Mac NEVER regret it. Its much safer to maintain as far as viruses go. It does in fact cost more money but IMO its worth it. Its also great being able to sync up everything such as your iphone, ipad, imac etc.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
if your job is paying for it, get the Mac!!!
fuck a touch screen - you want reliability/safety.
Macs are awesome machines, especially if you have an iPhone and other Apple products... can do a lot of cool stuff with em.
Will your job pay for an iPhone as well?

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
yea im in a techie gig and they are paying for my new laptop, a MIFI, an ipad, a galaxy tab (so I can test app functionality) and I already have an iphone...

you guys are prob right

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Go buy a mac, if your a twink hipster or an elderly mom who struggles with technology and likes the pretty bubbly icons.
But it does seem to be the trend these days with the kids.

If you do want mac functionality, with better speed and stuff then look into a hackintosh. Can get same specs for half the price, you just don't have the apple logo. Now all apple fanboys suck a dick, the company is rubbish, they're oppressive by nature, the iPhone may be a good product but could be so much better if they let it loose and didn't restrict things.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you need windows for the mac pick up parallels desktop. A mac will run windows faster than any business machine I've seen.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Whatever you do: DO NOT get one with Windows 8 installed on it.

Spilled a beer on my laptop a few weeks ago killing it instantly and got a new one the next day and it has Windows 8 and I can't do a goddam thing with it!

The whole system is an absolute mess.

That said I've always liked DELL notebooks.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Like the others said, spend the extra money and get a Mac. It takes a few to get used to, and Im still learning how to use the thing. But apple offers classes you can take, I bought the package for $99. You can go as many times as you want in one year to learn how to use it, and navigate around..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic