Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Looking for ideas/feedback for my workout loggin app!

G

GymGuru

Jan 16, 2017
Hey guys, thanks for having me.

Being dissatisfied with the current workout/weightlifting apps available, I decided to make my own. I was hoping to get some feedback/ideas from you guys so that with your input we can create a great workout app.

The website is www.gymguru.io.

So far, it does what you'd expect from a workout logging app:

-Creating workouts/exercises
-Bundling workouts in routines
-Sharing a workout to your training partner(s)
-Viewing your log of completed workouts
-Add your body measurements
-View all statistics in interactive graphs
-See how you stack up against other users in a frequency polygon

While tracking a workout you can log your weight/reps, you'll see the weight/reps you used last time, add/remove sets, add notes, use a rest timer, add exercises that weren't originally included. It will also automatically show you if you hit a record for an exercise.

For statistics, I've created graphs for everything you can think of. From time per workout, to 1RM in % of bodyweight to your bicep circumference, everything is displayed in beautiful interactive graphs. Moreover, every statistic of every user is put into a frequency polygon, which means you can see that for instance your "Bench Press 1RM is better than 94% of users."

I'm curious to hear what you think of the features I included so far, and if you have any ideas, please let me know!

Best,
Jasper

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
It's hard to tell much from the website. The page just kind of gives us an idea what to expect out of the app, not necessarily the layout and how it will all look. But I understand you're still working on it. I would love to see something developed to cater more to bodybuilders/weight lifters/powerlifters etc. seems like most fit tracking apps only track for health reasons for the average person that works out. Which is great too, but it doesn't work for most of us in communities like this. Looking forward to seeing what the app looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

GymGuru

Jan 16, 2017
Thanks for getting back to me. You're right, I'm still finetuning the design and what features the app will have. The audience is definitely more serious lifters but ideally it would be accessible to those who aren't as well. That means the actual workout tracking can be as simple as a 5x5 or as complicated as you want with supersets, etc.

The statistics is where I'm hoping to offer great insight to users so that they can make training decisions based on them. I've attached two current screens of the app. First is the workout tracking in progress. The greyed out weight/reps are from the previous workout. The next attachment is the statistics options. First, you can choose either an exercise or bodypart, for instance Barbell Squat. In the second you can choose what statistic you'd want to display. I've got statistics ranging from Volume to 1RM in % of bodyweight, where you can see either your own progress over time or how you stack up against other users.

Attachments

• Tracking a workout.png
    Tracking a workout.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Edit vs. others.png
    Edit vs. others.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 116
IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I definitely think you're on the right track, Jasper. A problem I have ran into on many fit tracking apps, is the app not having the exercise I'm doing or the variation. Or it doesn't allow me to customize it. Definitely never seen an option for super sets or anything. I would love to see options like that. Or even build small circuits for HIIT type weight training.

G

GymGuru

Jan 16, 2017
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. So far all exercises are customizable or you can simply create your own. Also, I'm currently in talks with MyFitnessPal in the hopes of getting access to their API to integrate the calorie and macronutrient consumption in the statistics of GymGuru, so you can see how your lifts/body progress related to changes in your diet.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. So far all exercises are customizable or you can simply create your own. Also, I'm currently in talks with MyFitnessPal in the hopes of getting access to their API to integrate the calorie and macronutrient consumption in the statistics of GymGuru, so you can see how your lifts/body progress related to changes in your diet.

Nice! That will be a good addition. Best of luck to you

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic