Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Liquid I.V.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Grabbed a jug, it's like drinking chalk and not feeling as good as with the Liquid IV, could be mental, will give it a few more days.

For real? This stuff? Man I love it. What I really like about it is you can mix it very weak and it allows you to really hydrate without ever feeling like you drank too much water. If I were working out it in the sun all day, I would mix 1 scoop with 1/2 gal and it was perfect. If I wanted more taste and was not needing to drink gal+ then you can mix stronger.

460276c852b79c7974bf7673a71bb7b3.jpg

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Yep, I have 1 scoop in a gallon right now, have cotton mouth like I just smoked a bunch of weed. Oh wait.....lol Getting a chalky, powdery mouthfeel that doesn't go away.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Yep, I have 1 scoop in a gallon right now, have cotton mouth like I just smoked a bunch of weed. Oh wait.....lol Getting a chalky, powdery mouthfeel that doesn't go away.

Ha...dont know if the Amino Hydrate is the issue ;)

One thing I played with for VERY hot and lots of sweating was adding a tbs of dextrose to it. I do this for my son for his soccer.

Again, you can mix it to whatever strength you want...even as sweet as gatoraid. The touch of dextrose is also good if you are engaged in a lot of exertion.

I never tried anything but the cherry lime aid. I like it weak to strong depending on what I doing. If I smoke weed....well, I am plowing through every and anything I can find. I have absolutely no self control and go on gluttonous binges. Fuk amino drinks, give me nachos, icecream bars, potato chips....man a sinckers icecream bar sounds good right about now!

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
@Lizard King I saw you comment on salt. Just a suggestion if I might. Since I am an IIFYM type guy, I pretty much eat anything.

I dont restrict salt in any fashion. There are some days where I balance out my lunch carbs with ramen (a easy way to get in a bunch of carbs). A internet bud from a while back who was pretty much an elite level athlete. (hell he competed on American Ninja Warrior at 47, shredded at about 7%bf). He turned me on to the relationship between potassium and sodium.

Basically, if you take in equal amounts (even roughly) you wont bloat. They sell potassium pills that help with water but available doses are very low since an overdose will discharge potassium ion pumps in your heart and kill you. So I use potassium chloride in the form of "No Salt" substitute.

So for ramen I only add 1/2 a packet of flavoring and then 1/2 tsp of 'no salt'. From time to time, if I am eating tons of crappy food, I might mix up some grape flavored drink and add in a tsp of no salt and chug it. (I dont do that much since I dont really suffer much bloat since I have been staying leaner).

But the adding no salt to a lot of foods, help me eat some things that most people would cringe at with really zero impact.

They sell it in big containers and it is a staple in my house.

Too much potassium isn't good for you either. Just make sure you aren't overdoing it and hurting yourself more.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
I live in a VERY hot climate now and it is very popular here.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic