Sep 24, 2011
MF6388.JPG

Linguine with Escarole & Shrimp

6 servings, about 1 1/3 cups each
Total Time: 45 minutes

Ingredients

8 ounces whole-wheat linguine
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp, (16-20 per pound)
3/4 teaspoon salt substitute, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 cup white wine
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
16 cups thinly sliced escarole, (2-3 heads) or chard leaves
1/4 cup low sodium clam juice, or water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
6 lemon wedges, for garnish

Preparation

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook linguine until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat 3 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until pink and curled, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add garlic and the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add wine and cook until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Add escarole (or chard) in handfuls, stirring until it wilts before adding more; cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Whisk clam juice (or water) and cornstarch in a small bowl then add to the pan; simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the pan, add lemon juice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Drain the linguine and return it to the pot. Add the sauce; toss to coat. Serve with lemon wedges.

Nutrition

Per serving:
271 calories;
5 g fat ( 1.5 g sat , 3.5 g mono );
112 mg cholesterol;
37 g carbohydrates;
0 g added sugars;
20 g protein;
10 g fiber;
352 mg sodium;
751 mg potassium.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Damn do you make these? the chicken and apple thing looks awesome now this- I lOVE THIS STUFF

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Damn do you make these? the chicken and apple thing looks awesome now this- I lOVE THIS STUFF

Yes sir.Every recipe I post I have tried.Most of the time I post the ones I like first.On some I post,i'll list changes to them to better suit my tastes but will post the original recipe and note the changes I make.

Please try them out everyone and let me know how you like them or what changes you've made to suit your taste.Im always looking for new ways of trying recipes.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Looks like soemthing I need to try. Off to the store .... seriously ..... :)

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Looks like soemthing I need to try. Off to the store .... seriously ..... :)

Please let me know what you think once you try it out.I really do like this alot.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic