Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Knee Cartilage and ligaments

A

AliRobbo

Sep 30, 2013
On the weekend I ruined my knee playing football! Waiting for a scan but doc says it looks like Cartilage and Ligaments.
I've missed 3 days at the gym and am pulling my hair out!!
Can I still lift in this state? Obviously I can't do any leg work which I know isn't good but I just want to lift!! I'm absolutely desperate.
If I can, what should I do and what should I avoid!
Is there anything I can do at the gym to help repair my knee as well?

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
How bad? Ripped, ripped? Or just hurt? Can you walk on it? Is it swollen? Black and blue? Can you touch your knee with or without pain? Are you limping? Are you on crutches? Does it hurt to put body weight on it? Can you do weight-less leg extensions? Does it lock up?

Please provide more AND specific info...

A

AliRobbo

Sep 30, 2013
Hi, sorry for the lack of info, I haven't been told the full extent yet as I'm waiting for a scan next week and have only been told about what it is from a doctor that has only had a play and said what he thinks it is.
Basically my left knee Buckled to the left and the bottom half of my leg, from the knee cap down, twisted to the right at the same time. Needless to say I screamed like a girl!!
I can't put any weight on it so I am on crutches.
I can't bend it but I can't straighten it fully either. It hurts to touch around the left of the knee and around the knee cap.
I can lift my foot up and down slowly but if I move it quickly I am screaming again!
It is very swollen but that only came up last night. Delayed swelling considering this all happened on Saturday early afternoon.
Can't tell if it locks up as I can't really move it from it's slightly bent position.
The swelling is more around the knee cap and to the left of the knee. But still no bruising.
I have been given a leg brace that I have to wear ALL the time!
This afternoon is the first time that it's not been hurting all the time. It kind of just throbs every now and again. Unless I move it, then it's agony!
Had an X-ray and there was no bone damage. Just waiting for the scan now.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic