Members
Latest Member
arcticranger

Klovov= Unreal

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
One of the most impressive lifts I think I have ever seen. This is technically a "push press" but if you look close its really very strict with a small amount of momentum. Insane for a 500lb lift!

Last edited by a moderator:
IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Wow! Huge lift, and it looked easy for him. I'm sure he can get more.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Have you seen his 250kg front squat with a 3 sec pause in the hole. Klokov is a beast.

Reactions: MJR
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Wow..... The c&j record is like 550 or something....

That's so impressive. It looked easy for him too.

What is his best clean and jerk?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
He looks relatively slender by the standards we have come to accept, amazing. There was a Belgian OL named Serge Redding who did a "legal" olympic press with the same weight back in the day, but he, and the guy who always beat him ( Alexeev ) were far away from "slender," or "athletic looking." And, there was more cheat in their lifts than in this one.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
He looks relatively slender by the standards we have come to accept, amazing. There was a Belgian OL named Serge Redding who did a "legal" olympic press with the same weight back in the day, but he, and the guy who always beat him ( Alexeev ) were far away from "slender," or "athletic looking." And, there was more cheat in their lifts than in this one.

He actually clean and pressed 501lbs to have the world record for 10minutes until Vasily Alexiev (sp?) broke it with a 503lbs clean and press. They leaned back when they pressed the weight overhead but that's far from cheating. It abided by the rules of the federation.

Bob Bernaski (sp?) was another great presser and was built less like Serge and more like a 70's bber.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Brother iron what do you think the Russians and Iranians are doing in training and drugs that the USA team can't seem to match them?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Brother iron what do you think the Russians and Iranians are doing in training and drugs that the USA team can't seem to match them?

We don't invest the money into any of it like they do. It's a national sport for them.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
He actually clean and pressed 501lbs to have the world record for 10minutes until Vasily Alexiev (sp?) broke it with a 503lbs clean and press. They leaned back when they pressed the weight overhead but that's far from cheating. It abided by the rules of the federation.

Bob Bernaski (sp?) was another great presser and was built less like Serge and more like a 70's bber.

I guess cheating is in the eyes of the beholder, and my eyes are older than yours lol. Or . . . . . just so I don't sound like I'm 100 yo, as a kid I used to read a lot about the "back in the day" that happened before my own back in the day. The damn lift was originally called the military press, so named cause you had to stand erect and with heels together AND press the bar steadily in sync with the ref slowly raising his hand, and you couldn't get to the top before his hand did. You are absolutely correct that Redding and Alexeev ( < I have seen many spellings for that one lol, not sure any one is correct, we are going Russian > English, who knows? ) were not cheating, after all, the presses were passed by the judges. But that is because interpretation of rules evolved during the 1900's up till they dropped the press from the OL in the early 1970's, ( partially ) because it was so ambiguous to officiate. That leaning back we both cite became like a standing Incline Press, but it was not done slowly, instead the lifter fell back from the bar as much as he lifted it. They also preceded this by leaning back with knees bent while the bar was still on the chest, then heaving forward and straightening legs to launch the bar a few inches before leaning back and away from it. With the press in, the 3 OL were often called "the press and the 2 quick lifts," but the press became a quick lift too and eventually went the way of the dinosaur. I am in no way in favor of that ridiculously strictness-overkill press from way, way back, btw, guess I was just saying this current Klovov push press showed more pure strength and less "athleticism" than medal winning Olympians did during the 1960-70's.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic