Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Kidneys

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Kluso, Well you carry a good bit of muscle and creatinine comes from muscle. As far as your astragalus, check the brand to make sure it hasn't gone to shit. Dogcrap is up on which brand to use. Also it will test higher if you are eating a lot of meat, beef especially. Training raises it too. Mine fluctuates between 1.2 and 1.57. It's been stable like that for 15 years. It always goes down to the botom when I go off or on TRT. I also lose a good bit of size and probably don't ttain as hard of eat as much protein when off or on TRT.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I do not know on the hydration and cystatin C, but I have never done labs dehydrated. Why would anyone?

As far as waiting long enough after coming off the creatine, you waited long enough. It only takes a week of coming off creatine for my creatinine to drop considerably, like from 1.7 to 1.4. I still won't get back to normal, but it appeases the doctors. Now I just stop two weeks out from labs.
I work outside a lot during the summer and because of the catheter thing I would purposely not drink as much fluids early on when my numbers first started looking bad. I would only drink when I was thirsty. So pretty sure I was always dehydrated. Plus I rarely drank water. Mountain Dew was my go to. Lol. Now I only drink water. And gotten better at drinking more than just when thirsty. At first I started drinking more water before my bloodwork. And I thought I had heard you can drink a lot of water and basically dilute your blood. People would do this before drug tests to help them pass. But then they started looking at something in the bloodwork to tell if they over hydrated but I forget what. Only an ex drug addict would know this. Lol. But maybe I was just over hydrated on that good bloodwork I got last year and blood was just diluted basically. Because my liver enzymes were elevated again also. Just slightly. But on the good one they were in middle of range. I did just end a cycle on injectable dbol though. But it was only 50mg three days a week for 6 weeks. I used to only have elevated enzymes when I was on an oral ED and did bloodwork. But now they always elevated leading us(Dr and I) to thinking I had a fatty liver. Which I thought my big cut last year got rid of. But maybe not. Ultrasound is only way I’m gonna know for sure I guess.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Kluso, Well you carry a good bit of muscle and creatinine comes from muscle. As far as your astragalus, check the brand to make sure it hasn't gone to shit. Dogcrap is up on which brand to use. Also it will test higher if you are eating a lot of meat, beef especially. Training raises it too. Mine fluctuates between 1.2 and 1.57. It's been stable like that for 15 years. It always goes down to the botom when I go off or on TRT. I also lose a good bit of size and probably don't ttain as hard of eat as much protein when off or on TRT.
That’s good to hear. As long as it doesn’t get worse. I’m actually considering taking a month off gear now. Lol. I do still eat a lot of protein on trt. I’ll definitely see what I can find out about the Astragalus. @MR. BMJ originally suggested vitamin shop and he’s usually in the know. Which I was using then switched to doublewoods. Probably a mistake.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Yep, looks like vitamin shop is still the go to on PM. But also I was only using 2000mg ed, not 6000mg. I did just come off blast too. Also since I did mention the high liver enzymes too. Thought I should mention I was using tucda and NAC the whole time. Did do shit. Lmao. Gonna try that Swanson Adipure NAC or whatever the fermented NAC is called. Just waiting for it to arrive. I was even taking 2000mg of NAC the week before my bloodwork. Now brand. Idk. Maybe it would have been worse. But this all kinda comes back to my original question. What is it in gear that is fucking up our kidneys? Has to be something! Because it seems when I’m just on trt kidneys look better and seems that way for most. I’m thinking the solvents. BB &BA. Unless the kidneys have androgen receptors? But shit. You would think that would make the kidneys more stronger. Lol. Would love to see some test D with no solvents being made. Hint hint. May have to try the test C no solvent. Just start blasting that if it comes to that to see if there is a difference on bloodwork. Would be an interesting experiment to rule out the solvents when blasting high doses.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
3 days of no working out before an accurate test as the breaking down of tissue will affect the results.
Just what I have found to be true.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
3 days of no working out before an accurate test as the breaking down of tissue will affect the results.
Just what I have found to be true.
I do that. Heard the same. We definitely should be doing that before bloodwork. This last blood test was 5 days off before.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I do that. Heard the same. We definitely should be doing that before bloodwork. This last blood test was 5 days off before.
Yep, and no cardio either. Pretty much anything that is going to impact recovery is going to keep the creatinine elevated.

Going back to the elevated liver enzymes. It doesn't matter if it is injectable d-bol or oral d-bol, it is still liver toxic. Some argue it is less toxic and others argue it is exactly the same that the drug doesn't change just because it is injected. Regardless, it still is going to have an impact. While 50 mg 3 times a week might not seem like much, that is still 150 mg a week, which is similar to 25 mg a day; a pretty standard bulking dose.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Yep, and no cardio either. Pretty much anything that is going to impact recovery is going to keep the creatinine elevated.

Going back to the elevated liver enzymes. It doesn't matter if it is injectable d-bol or oral d-bol, it is still liver toxic. Some argue it is less toxic and others argue it is exactly the same that the drug doesn't change just because it is injected. Regardless, it still is going to have an impact. While 50 mg 3 times a week might not seem like much, that is still 150 mg a week, which is similar to 25 mg a day; a pretty standard bulking dose.
Yeah, good point. Didn’t seem like a lot, exactly. But you’re right it was still a decent amount. 3 month will be another blood test. Will be interesting.

rols

rols

VIP Member
Nov 2, 2011
check your RBC and Hematocrit. Gear causes mine to increase to the point i need to drain blood off every few months to keep my creatinine within a decent range.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic