Latest Member
thejudge
What's New?

Keto question

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
This is my first time running keto and it's giving me some horrible fatigue. I expected some loss of strength and endurance, but at 5 days in I can barely get out of bed in the morning. During the days my legs feel like they're always about to buckle right under me.

I really want to make this diet work, but I can't keep this up much longer. I'm planning to carb up on Saturday and see how that affects me. I curious if anyone else has run into this and what you did to combat the weakness and fatigue.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Yes, and it's pretty standard until your body becomes more efficient at using ketons. It's also why I only use that diet in very limited specific circumstances.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
It will pass after your body gets used to using ketones for fuel. The key for me to making the CKD work was actually giving my body a couple weeks at the beginning to fully enter into ketosis. I found that it wasn't as effective if I carb loaded too early at the beginning. After the first two weeks being under 40g carbs, I would carb load for 24 hours, and then have a carb load day once every seven days after that.

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
You will enjoy carb day like crack. Mood goes from grouchy drag ass to full speed in an instant. Plus card day will get that horrible metal taste out of your mouth. As for the tired while on, it did not go away for me and my brother. Maybe some, but not gone for sure. We did take it as extreme as possible though. As close to 0 carbs as possible, and used insulin shoot to get to keto right off.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic