Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Keto: Fat loss diet, or metabolic stress inducer?

T

Tony Delk

Sep 15, 2010
I DO believe low carb has its place, but mainly for obese individuals, and maybe a bodybuilder who is 8 weeks out, not lean enough. Possibly for extreme cases of skinny fat individuals too.

Not bashing this form of eating either. This is all my own theory and could be unrelated. Just trying to give another point of view though.

Another note: I believe the only carbs that should be ate are whole foods. Fruit, white rice and sweet potatoes are your best choice. Gluten, grains, wheat are horrible for health.

[video]https://youtu.be/OHL7CyKoHPE[/video]

I am busy now guys, but gonna write up on how a low carbohydrate diet did deliver some results yet cause severe issues for myself. These diets may work at first, over time you won't be able to maintain and eventually notice decline in overall health. BRB, ill get more into it, theories and such.

I'll include cliffs since I want to make this quick -

- I started with a low carb based diet
- Got very lean, dropped water. Maintained this diet for a while and dropped a lot of body fat while maintaining muscle mass.
- After going off, I would gain tons of water and most fat/glycogen would be held within my lower stomach. Stress response IE, cortisol and protection of organs.
- Returning to a lc diet left me flat and looking like shit. Each time I lowered my fats and ate high protein/high carb, I achieved a dense look to my physique and actually dropped water
- Over time, had to turn to carbohydrate cycling which was effective.
- Developed anxiety, constipation, inability to be hydrated, digestion issues, acid reflux, etc. Low carb diet caused constipation, constipation can cause a vaso vagus response upon strain leading to release of acetycholine.

- As lc diet progressed, my body temp dropped, pusle became weak, inability to focus set in, fatigue, etc. These are all symptoms of a poor metabolism!

- my testosterone just tested extremely low at age 19. Lc diets ruin hormones.

- I always look "dry" on a high carb diet, mainly fruit. When eating lc, high protein, moderate fat, I look puffy, bloated and always retain water, mainly on my stomach!

Now, my low carb diet was not high in saturated fats, high in many cruciferous veggies such as brocolli( Most veggies should be spinach, but minimal cruciferous vegetables). Also, my diet did lack in potassium, as most lc'ers. This could have caused some problems too. also ate grains from oats and exekial bread on carb days leading to some digestive issues.

The reason why I most likely gained water and fat around my lower abdomen/back post lc was due to survival hormones, mainly cortisol. May had some to do with the kidneys.

All the dead animal products and carcasses sat in my stomach leading to constipation, digestive issues, IBS.

Carbohydrates absorb water and proper hydration maintains electrolyte balance. LC users usually cannot stop pissing 24/7, resulting in dehydration, flat physique. Low electrolytes also cause mental disturbances, anxiety, depression, even in extreme cases, psychosis.

Too many fats in the form of olive oil, nuts and nut butters resulted in poor health. Was not consuming enough saturated fats. My blood cholesterol is low because of this.

http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/good-fats-bad-fats-separating-fact-from-fiction/

Carbohydrates are necessary for proper cellular function and hydration.

10 touches up on this. Carbs, expecially fructose are very necessary for sexual health and metabolism.

High fats may cause insulin resistance
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22560213

Alkaline diets may actually help muscle gain
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18326605

M

Megwell

Jun 29, 2012
I've only done the keto diet
I could only stay on it for 8 days
I dropped 10 pounds and it stayed off.

I know some people will say the first 10 pds is water weight.... most cases yes I agree
that being said it ususally comes back fast

The weight I dropped never came back

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
I've only done the keto diet
I could only stay on it for 8 days
I dropped 10 pounds and it stayed off.

I know some people will say the first 10 pds is water weight.... most cases yes I agree
that being said it ususally comes back fast

The weight I dropped never came back

The weight may not have come back but even with DNP you're not losing 10lbs of fat in 8days. You didn't even hit ketosis in 8days most likely.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic