SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Keto Diet Question

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
As Martin Berkhan once explained:

Studies on overfeeding shows that metabolic rate typically increases about 6-8% for up to 24 hours after feeding. There's also large differences in between individuals, illustrated by the fact that the magnitude of the increase ranges from 3-10%. Those prone to obesity ("thrifty" phenotypes) tend to be in the lower range (3%), while the naturally lean ("spendthrifty" phenotype) tend to be in the upper range (10%). Either way, from a fat loss perspective it's not really justified to eat thousands of surplus calories to burn a few hundred calories extra.

Those glycogen stores don't take that much to fill hence my point about managing your cheat. Lyle McDonald has the figures in his keto book but this covers it well enough: How Many Carbohydrates Do You Need | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald Now I don't know about you but on a cheat I could blow by 7-8g per pound of LBM easy.

I think there is a middle ground somewhere. Thats why if you look at my carb up days I'm gonna have some cereal in the morning and exceed the 65% for the first meal. But otherwise, I plan to keep the carbs clean - rice, tortilla's that kind of stuff so as not to have my insulin bouncing up and down out of control.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I wasn't sure how nuts fit in to this as they do contain carbs....
With your cals, you're good for about 50g a day... use them wisely :D Cashews, 1 or 2 handfuls a day are ok (about 8-10g each).

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
With your cals, you're good for about 50g a day... use them wisely :D Cashews, 1 or 2 handfuls a day are ok (about 8-10g each).

Will do... I used to be a 245lb fat shit, and I actually cut all the way down to 190 by keeping a small bag of almonds in my pocket. They'll stop me from eating a giant bag of oreos lol

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Here's what mine looked like today. I shoot for 65% fat but usually end up at 60%, but normally finish under 5% on carbs.

1c7281a7.jpg

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Nutrition Menu. Been using about 2-3 years.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Never used that app, I use gym buddy for training, my food is mainly the same daily but foodscanner is kind of cool.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Never used that app, I use gym buddy for training, my food is mainly the same daily but foodscanner is kind of cool.
Gym Buddy for me too... every workout for the past 3 years.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic