Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
alyse

alyse

TID Lady Member
Aug 27, 2011
Okay, for any other moms that got the lil pouchy thing from contributing to human population...

How long did it take to get rid of? (I'm 4 1/2 years out from having her and it's not huge but it's there still.)
If you competed, was that an issue for you?
Do you ever feel weaker in that area if you did get as huge as a blimp? (sometimes feel it could be stronger)
Do you have any tricks or secrets? ;)

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
one i think that the fat there is a lot more estrogen responsive because i dang sure get more "bloated" during such times. i also think that part of it is that our uterus is right there in the pelvic area and after child bearing it is going to be slightly larger. having taken out too numerous to count uteri from dogs that have never had pups to ones that have had many many litters, the uterus definately gets larger with each pregnancy. heck, even older dogs that have never had a litter but gone through many heat cycles will have an enlarged uterus. so for us older women i think it has a tendency to stick out because of that. but that was kind of a digression off the topic. the fat pouch, it sucks and i have smeared everything and all things on it and nothing helps and my abs are pretty tight everywhere else and that is still there. so diet diet diet diet like in all things is i think the biggest key. my bf is around 15% now and i still have the damn mound of wheat :mad:

alyse

alyse

TID Lady Member
Aug 27, 2011
hahaha Yeah I was around 16% last year and it was still there >.<

Your science DOES make sense though... hmm.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I had hoped to hear more uplifting comments LOL...geez...no, it doesn't appear to go away...I have considered duct taping it to my nether regions LOL...talk about a free brazillian....

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I had hoped to hear more uplifting comments LOL...geez...no, it doesn't appear to go away...I have considered duct taping it to my nether regions LOL...talk about a free brazillian....

OMG this made me giggle!

I guess I am lucky I dont have much of a pooch, and ours is 4.... but I do hold extra skin there :( it is working on coming in but im damn impatient and sucky right now, I know it definitely makes me reserved to the idea of competing, and its not enough for a tummy tuck

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
My ex gf had it. If it is bad to the point that there are stretch marks and just loose skin, I think the only option would be to get a tummy tuck.

dryvrgrl

dryvrgrl

TID Lady Member
Sep 20, 2011
My ex gf had it. If it is bad to the point that there are stretch marks and just loose skin, I think the only option would be to get a tummy tuck.

tummy tuck will leave a huge scar

do the stretch!.. and learn to love it.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
as far as having more puff in that area, I did notice that even though the masters level competitors at the last show were in great shape and their abs looked really good, they all had more thickness in that area...the youngest gals did not...I totally buy that the uterus growth explains it. I guess for us older gals we just have to accept that it is a bit more sticky outy than we like, but the muscles are still there, and if we get to a low enough bf they will show....just have to live with the underying uterus...or get it removed LOL>

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
nothing wrong with alittle pouch....long as its hard...now a flabby one thats another story...dw

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Try vacuums, and weighted hanging leg raises to tighten the area. Now as for actual fat, that's still diet. At some point, it just comes down to genetics. AND well women have a propensity to store more fat in that area.

FitnessBender

FitnessBender

TID Lady Member
Nov 30, 2011
I just learned a new exercise for this area. Sit against a wall with your legs slightly bent in a V in front of you. Place your hands on the floor between your legs. Lift both legs off the floor, hold, release, and repeat. It was harder than I expected it to be.

Hope it helps! I do tons of ab workouts/exercises that focus on that area.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
I just learned a new exercise for this area. Sit against a wall with your legs slightly bent in a V in front of you. Place your hands on the floor between your legs. Lift both legs off the floor, hold, release, and repeat. It was harder than I expected it to be.

Hope it helps! I do tons of ab workouts/exercises that focus on that area.

for some dang reason I'm not quite understanding. Are you talking about supporting your weight with your arms raising your legs only or your hiney off the ground as well? Just trying to visualize how you're doing this.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic