Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Jeans.. Really....yes, I am posting a fashion thread ;)

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
We have all see the threads....."Im so huge that I cant find pants that fit" threads... Turns out they are trying to wear teen appropriate skinny jeans.
wink.gif

For those of us that do train legs and stay reasonably lean, there is a real problem. Even with baggy and "loose" fit jeans, finding jeans that come close to fitting is a problem.

As one leans out, it becomes almost silly and there is little out there that works.

Solutions are to find a "loose" fit jean and buy the waist 4-6" oversize to give the hips and thighs room and wear a belt. This almost works in a "bulked" state, but when the waist really drops upon leaning out, it looks silly.

I am not the biggest guy in the world, but as I lean out, my waist drops to 30-31" range and I have 40" hips with 25" thighs. Trying to get into a 33 makes the thighs so tight, I cant even bend over. So I just stick with 36" and wear a belt. I dont even need to unbutton to remove them. With the belt, they fall right off.

Well I have found the best solution so far. Levi 541 "athletic cut" jeans. More room cut into hips and thigh area. They also have 1% spandex which allows you to squat down in them even where they are tight. It is only 1% spandex and you cant "see" it or feel it at all.

I still had to go up in waist size for my thighs. (I ordered a 33"). If they were cut perfectly, I could probably get away with a 30-31...but I still need the extra room. But I am leaned out pretty good right now. In my "offseason" mode, I would imagine the 33's will work nice with maybe just a small amount of tightness through the thighs.

Cant say enough good things about them. I have not fit into a pair of jeans and was not way oversized or was uncomfortable to wear for over 5 years.

http://www.levi.com/US/en_US/categor...r/541-athletic

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Lucky Jeans for the win, they flex/stretch.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Good info. I usually stick with lucky they seems to have some stretchy quality. Will check the label maybe they have spandex in them too?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I am definitely looking into this. Good look @macgyver

I got some on sale at Kohls recently, (my wife had some sale thing there) but day in day out, amazon has them for $49 free shipping and free returns if they dont fit right. I'll admit, I normally wait for something on sale but the way these fit, I am am going to get several more pairs and get rid of some old pairs. Hard to say what it is like to move around freely in a pair of jeans and look like you are not wearing a sack around your waist.

Give them a shot!

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I had kohls cash in the cut now! Good shit.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
glad to hear someone else loves the 541 cut...I also go up a size or 2, just because I'm not a fan of the overly tight in the groin area style of jean, but the stretch this style of jean offers is great....u missed out on a great sale a couple of months ago...I think I got 6 pairs of the 541 jeans for around $200 or so....

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
If you didnt buy the super skinny pair, you wouldnt need the flex fit. Just sayin, skinny jeans vip
Those days are behind me, sir. Now it's because UHC jr won't fit in anything but stretchy jeans, even if I go 3 sizes up.

lady at home depot: "sir, is that an ear of corn in your jeans?"

UHC: "no but thanks for noticing"

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Those days are behind me, sir. Now it's because UHC jr won't fit in anything but stretchy jeans, even if I go 3 sizes up.

lady at home depot: "sir, is that an ear of corn in your jeans?"

UHC: "no but thanks for noticing"

assuming she was looking at your butt

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic