MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
He listens to country

Last edited:
Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
OK. Here's my take on this, and I'm a huge Raider fan and watched many of his games.

First of all, the word "comeback" should be reserved for those that actually did something in the first place.

I think "second attempt" would be more accurate, since his first attempt in the NFL was an utter failure.

I also think that he'd be better off in the Canadian league for a season or two, so we can all see hopefully some success there. And if he somehow pulls off the Canadian league, then maybe he might have a leg to stand on in the NFL. But until then, any scout/recruiter, imho, would be a fool to recommend JaMarcus Russell.

My .02

M-Rods

M-Rods

Jun 10, 2011
How would a 300 QB survive in the CFL, QB's need to be more mobile up there with the different style, there is less time to get rid of the ball.

Also I'd love to see a corner try to sack him lolol

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
How would a 300 QB survive in the CFL, QB's need to be more mobile up there with the different style, there is less time to get rid of the ball.
Also I'd love to see a corner try to sack him lolol

It was more of an "economics of football" comment.....

.....why would anyone want to throw good money after bad in the NFL, until maybe he's proven himself in a much less financially demanding league like the CFL?

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
God I hope he goes to the Jets!!!!

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
Hell yeah him and Tebow in the backfield. Every play a run up the middle for 1 yard..

irish_2003

irish_2003

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
haha...they could go to a party and trade drinks...tebow on sizzerp and russell on jesus juice

M-Rods

M-Rods

Jun 10, 2011
It was more of an "economics of football" comment.....

.....why would anyone want to throw good money after bad in the NFL, until maybe he's proven himself in a much less financially demanding league like the CFL?

I see your point, not sure if any team up here would take a chance on him.

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
I see your point, not sure if any team up here would take a chance on him.

Exactly!

As much money as the NFL spends on it's playes, you'd think they'd want some type of assurance that this one time loser now has some history of success in another league before bringing him back again for another opportunity of a second losing streak.

Let him prove himself in some other league, and if he can pull it off, let him take a shot in the bigs again....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic