Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Its time to start trimming....Palumbo diet?

Y

yadira0020

TID Lady Member
Dec 1, 2011
So I am 12lbs from ideal weight and thought this would be a good time to trim down some. Has anyone tried the Palumbo diet and if so did you see a lot of muscle loss? thanks!:rolleyes:

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I"ve run it for competition - in my particular situation, the trainer I hired disappeared off the planet at 10-8 weeks out when I was switching from my bulker phase and left me at a point where I really had no other option but to go ultra aggressively to hit my contest date. Dave's diet got me there for sure, but I gave up mass and by the time I got on stage everyone was telling me I looked wiped out. I was doing much more cardio than normal and very aggressively on the restricted calories.

If you follow it w/ reasonable calories you will definitely see results and I don't believe you will give up much mass. You will be flat while you're on the keto phase and the refeeds take a day or two to process. I personally found the diet very easy to follow as I do well w/ very simple and repetitive diets, and I also liked that I didn't feel full or bloated. My body doesn't like fat loads or carb loads so it was a nice balance for me.

Give it a shot. As long as your protein is sufficient, the fats are sufficient and you don't go crazy w/ the cardio, it will work. A warning on coming out of a keto diet however - introduce the carbs back in slowing to a maintenance level. So you might see your bodyweight go up a bit while it adjusts to supporting more carbs that it was used to processing.

An alternative is a carb cycle. I've also had excellent results from carb cycling.

Y

yadira0020

TID Lady Member
Dec 1, 2011
Thanks Sassy! Since I really don't have much weight to lose, I would like to give it a shot until I lose some of the water weight and fat. I wouldn't have much of an issue with the 12lbs, but I am no longer fitting into my clothes and going shopping right now as a full time student is not an option. I will take mind of slowly introducing carbs again and hopefully the loss in fat & water will give me a little more room for bulking when I begin again. I do well on low carb diets, and the fact that I have one cheat meal per week makes it soooo much easier. Thanks for your advice. You guys are invaluable! :)

Y

yadira0020

TID Lady Member
Dec 1, 2011
So just wanted to give an update. Day two on Palumbo has been good. Took advantage of day 1 and the fact I still had glucose in my system by hitting up legs. I was a little more tired today, but once I got into the gym I felt great. Eating so many eggs in one sitting is difficult for me, but I take my time and try to get it over and done with in the am. Full all day, practically have to force myself to eat my meals. I have already shed about 3lbs of water making me feel a little better, and have started to taste ketones in my mouth tonight so I know my energy should start getting better from here. Will keep updating, and perhaps add a photo ;)

L

LDH

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2011
Any chance of a link to this diet please?

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I really liked the keto approach - very easy for me to follow. The biggest caveat I'd give you is just don't expect to have any burst energy - I had lots of strength but I'd come near to blacking out a really heavy lifts (e.g. 20 plates on the leg press or heavy squats) or if I tried to do anything that was remotely aerobic. Pace yourself on your lifts, probably stick to steady state cardio if you do any cardio. Its too easy to get winded quickly on a keto diet simply because you have zero readily available energy source to pull from.

L

LDH

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2011
found the diet there.
My Diet was almost identical to it anyway.
Good read though, particularly on the livestrong website.

Y

yadira0020

TID Lady Member
Dec 1, 2011
Sassy: I will remember that. I take a pre-workout to help with my training, and as far as cardio goes I do minimal (under 120 bpm) I definitely agree with you on that :) I wish I could leg press 20 plates! But yes I know what you mean, I have to listen to my body.

LDH: Heres a link with the diet that goes a little more in depth. Check it out:[URL="
www.australia-bodybuilding.com/palumbodietplan.htm

Reactions: LDH
sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Sassy: I will remember that. I take a pre-workout to help with my training, and as far as cardio goes I do minimal (under 120 bpm) I definitely agree with you on that :) I wish I could leg press 20 plates! But yes I know what you mean, I have to listen to my body.

LDH: Heres a link with the diet that goes a little more in depth. Check it out:[URL="
www.australia-bodybuilding.com/palumbodietplan.htm

You'll find how your body reacts. Just very simply, anything that requires an aerobic kick is just not going to be there, or it may feel likes its there and then it peters out very quickly, and you'll notice you get winded faster than you'd otherwise expect. But you shouldn't feel weak on it- I've seriously done some hefty lifts on it, but that became limited as I got closer to my competition date, as expected anyway. As w/ any keto diet, you'll look flat when you're in ketosis, and look full and potentially feel bloaty, but definitely more pumped and vascular when you carb up. This is as expected and part of it.

The other tip is make sure you're getting sufficient fiber!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic