Joannafit
What's New?

IT TAKES a strong woman to take on a strongman

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
LNS_18-07-2011_EGN_03_LIS170711STRONG01_t325.jpg

Brisbane strength athlete Sue Metcalf is now the strongest woman in Australia after breaking the record for the 200kg Women’s Yolk Run in Lismore.

IT TAKES a strong woman to take on a strongman and on Saturday Sue Metcalf took on 14 of the strongest and set a new Australian record in the process.

The 34-year-old Brisbane woman set the new record for the 200kg Women’s Yolk Run at the 2011 Australia’s Strongest Man titles in Lismore by lifting and running 20 metres in 20 seconds while carrying a 200kg weight on her shoulders.

“It felt good, solid,” she said of the new record – a personal best for the athlete, who started with weight training and competing in strength events four years ago.
“There’s probably fewer than 10 women competing in Australia,” she said.

Weighing 67kg and standing 160cm tall, Ms Metcalf said: “I’m here to prove you don’t need to be big and huge to be strong.”

However, there was plenty of beefcake on display on the weekend, with strongman competitors pulling cars and trucks down Keen St, as well as competing in the dead lift, log lift and stone lift events, with competitors divided into two classes – the 105kg-and-under division and heavyweights.

Event organisers, Lismore Fitness Festival Inc directors Jim Gallagher and Severino Da Roit, said bringing the Australia’s Strongest Man 2011 to town would “put Lismore on the map”, as the event was now recognised as an official Australian title, allowing the winner a direct entry into the World’s Strongest Man titles.

“There’s no other sport in Lismore where you can gain direct entry to a world title,” Mr Da Roit said.

This was the second year Lismore has hosted the event, which drew hundreds of onlookers to the city’s CBD.

Next year the Festival of Fitness would expand to include more athletic events said Jim Gallagher.

“We want to build on the fact the strongman event is now recognised as the Australia’s Strongest Man titles,” he said.

“It’s all about celebrating sports and fitness,” Mr Gallagher said.
“And we bring business into the city.”

northernstar.com.au/story/2011/07/18/beefcake-not-required

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Sue is awesome! Let me see if I can get her here.

Amma

Amma

TID StrongWoman
Jul 18, 2011
Not only is Sue incredibly strong as a MW, she is hilarious. And just all around nice. Something we need to see more of.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I love how TID is attracting lots of new female members. We really have a nice mix!

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
i tell ya...they got some strong ass females...They dont fuck around now of days...I find it sexy...dw

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Thick strong women !!!!!!OOOOOHHHH yeah thats the shit!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
that is awesome! very impressive!

J

Jetcalf

TID StrongWoman
Jul 21, 2011
HEY Ladies! im here :) thanks for the plug and support love you US gals!

BTW this article somewhat airbrushed the truth - i was not competing LOL - i did Demos!

Im competing next weeked against the under 80kg guys in Victoria! xo

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic