Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

is there such a thing as supersetting a bodypart, but isolating the areas?

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011

when you hear of supersets, we usually think opposing muscle groups, but can you superset for the same? eg, if you were to say, superset the biceps, you may call it a giant set,per say(even though its really not a giant set), but a larger muscle group, quads, you may call it a superset if you do leg presses and sissy squats.your take?

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TheLawnJanitor

I always called that a superset, if it was opposing muscles its properly known as an "antagonistic superset".

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I always called that a superset, if it was opposing muscles its properly known as an "antagonistic superset".

Agreed I always used Super sets on the same muscle group. Basically going from one exercise to the next without rest. Example: 10 reps of preacher curls followed immediately by reps of hammers curls without rest.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i agree with admin and TLJ, a superset is a set of more than one exercise regardless. although i dont really look at two opposing bodyparts worked one right after the other as a superset really, more of just a cardio workout mixed with your reg workout :D

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I think we can make our own rules and do what we want and call it whatever we want... if it gets results go for it....

And yeah, that's still a superset IMO. I think where most people lose the meaning of supersets is taking a rest period between exercises. A true superset does not have a rest period between the two exercises, or it loses its purpose and just becomes an alternating exercise.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I think we can make our own rules and do what we want and call it whatever we want... if it gets results go for it....

And yeah, that's still a superset IMO. I think where most people lose the meaning of supersets is taking a rest period between exercises. A true superset does not have a rest period between the two exercises, or it loses its purpose and just becomes an alternating exercise.

Read that........

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I superset chest occationally, usually just throw pushups and dips in where the rest usualy exist. I can only do it during 2 exercises though. any more any i wouldnt be able to move any weight. typically during pec dec flyes i throw in the pushups then add the dips inbetween cable crossovers.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic