Nickobat
What's New?

Irish 2003's Dream Come True!!!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
You can start running around in your Greenbay underoos now Irish!

'It's possible' Eagles will pursue Favre - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

‘It’s possible’ Eagles will pursue Favre

Once the lockout ends, it is expected the Eagles will trade backup QB Kevin Kolb(notes) to a team that will make him their starting quarterback. But who will be the new backup to Michael Vick(notes)?

According to Howard Eskin of WIP Radio in Philadelphia, the team is interested in Brett Favre(notes) for the role. Eskin tweeted that "it's possible" the team could pursue the former Packers great, who retired after a miserable 2010 season with the Vikings. The report also added that Eskin is "not sure what Favre thinks."

Vick himself signed off on the idea, tweeting on Sunday morning, "I would be honored to have Brett Farve as a backup. That will be amazing learning how to toy with defenses the way he did his whole career."

Favre has a history with Eagles coach Andy Reid, who was a Packers offensive assistant and quarterback coach for seven seasons. Reid also runs an offense that Favre is quit familiar with, which would lessen the adjustment needed of joining a new team. There are questions, however, about the quarterback's health, as he was injured for much of last season.

The way we see it

It wouldn't be the NFL in late-July if there weren't Brett Favre rumors. While the Eagles make sense as a team he could join, Favre seemed pretty adamant last season was his final one in the league. He's changed his mind before, and if he gets the itch to come back, don't be shocked if Reid gives him a shot in Philadelphia.

acon83

acon83

TID VIP Lady Member
Jul 6, 2011
OMG! I just shot water out of my nose! I hope it's a rumor....I'm an eagles chick (only bc they're the lesser of 2 evils here...it's Ravens or Eagles, so I go for the Green)

Diesel

Diesel

Jun 11, 2011
I really hope the Dolphins get Kevin Kolb. After his last Season I don't think Favre will ever come back.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic