Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Intro

D

Dsly

Dec 5, 2012
Greetings Iron Den,

I am a dude, 45 yrs old, married, 10 kids, living in Michigan, born again christian. I used to work out quite regularly in College but once I started having kids and working full time I was just running and mountainbiking. After 20 years, I started lifting again and it's been 4 years now. I am pleased with my results and my body is responding well. I've been told I have "good genetics" (other than being short). I'm 5'6" 176 lbs., 12-16% BF, (20% BS), my max barbell bench is 325, I haven't squatted or deadlifted heavy in a while due to low back/glute pain.

I've never done a cycle of gear. Haven't ruled it out but I would like to learn as much about it as I can.

I've done some amature MMA fights locally, I was thinking of doing a bodybuilding contest but I've found it very difficult to cut the way a bodybuilder would need to because my wife is a great cook.

I like shooting/hunting, sport bikes, moutain biking, triathons, drag racing, raising chickens, and way too much to list.

My goal is to get in the best shape I can, not too big to do triathlons but strong enough to win in MMA matches and still look good on the beach.

I have been known to ask stupid questions and annoy many with my opinions. I apologize in advance.

-Sly-

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Welcome to the Den and great intro. Lots of great guys here and plenty of good info here. As far as questions ask away.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Welcome to Iron Den Dsly. Glad you are here

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
I have been known to ask stupid questions and annoy many with my opinions. I apologize in advance.

Nice intro. Welcome to the den.

here there are no stupid questions, so ask away. this is a good place to learn. you're in good company with the other MMA enthusiasts here.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
10 kids how to you have time for anything? J/K Welcome to the board brother

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Welcome to TID. That's a lot of kids man.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I bet you have been busy with 10 kids damn! Welcome to the Den, great intro too!

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Good having you here, dsly, ask questions, feel at home! Welcome to the Den.

fleem

fleem

Mar 15, 2013
Welcome to TID!

Diet has a lot to do with lean muscle gains, as well as training and supplementing. It isn't easy with a great cooking wife (and 10 kids !?! God Bless!), but check out the Diet & Nutrition section for ideas of how she may be able to cook to help you on your quest.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Welcome. This is a great place. Guy I grew up with is a born again with 15 kids. What is about you guys? LOL.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic