Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Injecting HGH for NOOBS

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Why are subcutaneous injections given for HGH?
These type of injections are given for human growth hormone because there is little blood flow to fatty tissue, and the injected medication is generally absorbed more slowly, sometimes over 24 hours. Some hormone medications that can be injected subcutaneously are growth hormone, insulin, epinephrine, and other substances
What is a subcutaneous injection?
A subcutaneous injection, as illustrated in the figure to the right, is given in the fatty layer of tissue just under the skin. Human growth hormone is delivered in this manner.
Subcutaneous injection’s generally use a very small needle that causes little discomfort or no discomfort
Preparing to Give HGH Human Growth Hormone Medication
Subcutaneous injections of growth hormone are not given if the skin is burned, hardened, inflamed, swollen, or damaged by a previous injection.
1. Wash your hands thoroughly. This is the best way to prevent infection.
2. Assemble your injection equipment:
HGH Medication: May be a multidose vial of liquid or may be a vial with human growth hormone powder that requires “reconstitution.” Follow the manufacturer’s instructions as to what and how much diluent to use. The diluent is usually saline (a mixture of salt water) or sterile water.
Syringe and Needle: Depending on the amount of growth hormone medication to be given and the size of the child or adult:
• 0.5 cc,1.0 cc, or 2 cc with 27-gauge needle (5/8 of an inch long)
• 3 cc luer lock syringe–used when solution is more than 1 cc
• 25-gauge needle (5/8 of an inch long or 27-gauge needle (5/8 of an inch long)
• 0.3 mL insulin syringes with 28-gauge needles (1/2 inch long ) are available for those who are visually impaired or for those who need very small doses of medication.
• medication log
• container for syringe disposal
• sterile 2 x 2 -inch gauze pad
• alcohol pads
Drawing Up HGH Medication for Injection
1) Check the label for the correct growth hormone medication.
2) Remove the soft metal or plastic cap protecting the rubber stopper of the HGH vial.
3) If the medication vial can be used for more than one dose, record the date and time on the label.
4) Clean the exposed rubber stopper using an alcohol swab.
5) Remove the syringe from the plastic or paper cover. If necessary, attach the needle securely.
6) Pull back and forth on the plunger by grasping the plunger handle. Grasping the handle end will pre-vent contamination of the plunger shaft (which is sterile) and help check for easy movement.
7) With the needle capped, pull back the plunger, filling the syringe with air equal to the amount of growth hormone medication to be administered.
Remove the cap covering the needle and set it on its side to prevent contamination. Be careful not to touch the needle. The inside of the cap and needle is sterile, and the needle 9) will be covered again with this cap.
10) With the vial in an up-right position, push the needle through the cleansed rubber stopper on the vial. Push the needle in at a 90 degree angle, being careful not to bend the needle.
11) Inject the air in the syringe into the vial. Air is injected into a multi-dose vial to prevent a vacuum from forming. If too little or no air is injected, withdrawing the medication may be difficult. If too much air is injected, the plunger may be forced out of the barrel causing the medication to spill.
12) Turn the vial upside down, with the needle remaining in the vial. The needle will be pointing upward.
13) Make sure that the tip of the needle is completely covered by the medication. This will make it easier to withdraw the solution (and not air).
14) Pull back on the plunger to fill the syringe with the correct dose of HGH medication.
15) Keep the vial upside down, with the needle in the vial pointed upward. Tap the syringe, or “flick” it with your fingertips. This helps move bubbles to the top of the syringe.
16) Once the bubbles are at the top of the syringe, gently push on the plunger to force the bubbles out of the syringe and back into the vial. Or, you may push all the medication solution back into the vial, withdraw again slowly, and repeat steps 14 and 15. Note: It is important to eliminate large air bubbles because they take up space needed for the medication, and they may cause pain or discomfort when injected.
17) After removing the bubbles, check the dose of growth hormone medication in the syringe to be sure you have drawn up the correct amount.
18) After the HGH medication is correctly drawn up, carefully replace the needle cap to prevent contamination.
Locating Injection Sites for Growth Hormone
Subcutaneous injections of HGH can be given in the arms, legs, or abdomen. Your nurse or hormone doctor will help you select the best sites to administer your hormone medication.
To locate HGH injection sites on the arms, fold one arm across the chest. Place your hand on the shoulder and draw an imaginary line below your hand. Place another hand on the elbow. Draw an imaginary line down the outer side of the arm and down the center front of the arm, starting at the elbow. The area inside these imaginary lines is where injections are given. (If you are injecting yourself, imagine the hand placement.)
To locate injection sites on the thighs, sit down, place your hand above the knee, and draw an imaginary line above it. Place your hand at the uppermost part of the thigh and draw an imaginary line below your hand. Draw an imaginary line down the outer side of the leg and down the center front of the leg. The area within these imaginary lines is where injections may be given.
To locate injection sites on the abdomen, place your hands on the lower ribs and draw an imaginary line below them. Use this area below your hands for injections, as far around as you can pinch up fatty tissue. Do not use a 1-inch area around the navel.

osiris

osiris

May 9, 2011
Ncie article. I find it amazing how much people overcomplicate things and this is a step by step guide for those who focus on those details.

Good find!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Did you read any of the studies in the other thread about GH absorption time? It is absorbed faster subq than IM.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Did you read any of the studies in the other thread about GH absorption time? It is absorbed faster subq than IM.

I wonder if that is do to those studies using short pins which are only geting into the fascia and not actualy into the muscle? (I havn't read them yet lol)
I bet if one was to use a 27ga kendall inch or longer I bet the out come would be different. (but you loose a bit of that GH with the inch/half pins to)

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011

There will always be faulty studies,there are just as many studies that say different. We had a thread over somewhere else supporting IV administration. I prefer real world experience of many many experienced people. This is why it irritates the hell out of some of us old timers when people always ask for studies blah blah blah, I know you have been around for awhile have you not?? Its been a tried and proven practice for years successfully to sub q. I look at those studies you speak of with disdain - Hell in every medical field there are faulty studies, hundreds that support this and that, you never know how the study was stucture, as SHINE pointed out , so me I say screw the study , but then again Im clueless and obscure.................

Shovel

Shovel

Oct 21, 2010
Supposedly there are more blood vessels in fat (small ones) then muscle, hence the faster absorption.

Shovel

Shovel

Oct 21, 2010
I agree Kets, just gimme da facts...

B

BikiniPinki

TID Lady Member
May 14, 2011
I use a 32g 1/2 inch needle sq to abdomen. I have tried my legs, but they bruise terribly when i have injected there.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic