Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

I hit concrete in my quads

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
I keep trying to add quads into rotation, but am only successful about 50% of the time. Often the pin goes in about 1/4" and stops, I have to jam it in and it hurts like hell.

It's not scar tissue, as I have only used the spot minimally.

Anybody else feel like they're pushing through concrete ?

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Nope... I put 2.5 cc's into my quad yesterday & it went in like butter. Be sure to hit that outer sweep... very, very important when injecting quads.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
U hitting the outter side of the quad

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I hit quads twice per week easy. Outer side of the quad half way between the knee and hip joint. Try a hot shower and a quick foam roll on the area right before. Then swab and dart. I also jab that bitch in like it's an Epi-pen!

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I place my hand on my thigh with the tips of my fingers on top of the knee cap and roll towards the outer thigh this seems like a perfect distance onto the quad also I put my leg up on a chair or ottoman to get the quad relaxed.
Done 22x1 1/2's in there for years.

Last edited:
DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
No, definitely not. You hitting the right spot?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Never had that experience. Like others have said, where exactly are you hitting? What size needle?

A

avalanche

Jan 8, 2012
I don't mean to be out of line here but is the pic genuine or the name have any meaning. It could be bone? I mean there's no concrete in there? steel rods? metal plates?

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
I hit the outer side, just above the halfway point of the knee to hip. I have tried moving it up/down a bit with the same results. Similar as shown in the pics here.

SpotInjections.com

I have tried sitting, standing, laying, leg up, after work out, after shower, (making sure the muscle is relaxed) all with the same result. I use a 25g x 1

Ehh, maybe it's just me, my legs/hams have always been super dense/tight, perhaps that's the issue. I will try foam rolling next time, only thing I haven't tried.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
My quads are my bread and butter, rotating spots on them, but if yours don't work for you then stick with what does, and ocasionally come back and give them a try again.

nationwide

nationwide

VIP Member
Mar 19, 2011
everytime i use thigh and yes i am at the right spot,the next day it feels like i got hit in leg with a bat I will be in pain and limp..some times it hurts so bad that i get sick.but the initial injection is smooth and painless...go figure

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic