Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Hurt my knee...

P

phlmccln

Nov 12, 2013
Ok so I hurt my knee and would like some advice... I almost fell off about a six foot drop. Not very high I know, but instead of falling i jumped down. When I came down, My left foot landed on a rock (My bad knee) and my knee tweaked inward. Immediately I found myself in horrible pain. The pain was in the lower front-left region of my knee. It felt like my knee swelled up like a ballon.(but it didn't) I was affraid i couldn't walk after that. I paused for a few minutes then tryed to walk it off. To my surprise, most of the pain went away. For the rest of the day I only had pain if the knee angled in the same direction. Well its been a week now, and my knee still hurts. Not if I walk on it, but the same if I angle it in the same direction as well if i try to carry anything heavy. I'm affraid I hurt my miniscus. Any advice to what I hurt and if it's serious would be appreciated. (Hope I provided enough info) Thanks

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
It's pretty hard for anyone on here to know what's wrong without seeing you in person and asking you a series of questions. Best thing you can do is see a doctor or physical therapist. They will be able to diagnose the problem and tell you how to treat it. Once you have a good description of the problem, folks on here should be able to tell you what has worked for them.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Like woodswise stated, go see your doctor, but you will ultimately need an MRI to see what has happened inside, xrays can't see shit, and if I understand the way you are saying your knee bent, mine bent the same way and was a devastating acl tear.Chances are, if you didn't feel the need to go to the hospital at that very minute, you may have just ''tweeked'' it as you have stated, but better safe than sorry. Good luck!

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
worst thing about a knee injury is they usually require an expensive MRI to find any soft tissue (ligament) damage.

i'll tell you when i tore my ACL and partial meniscus, the POP i felt through my body scared me. the pain was intense but only for about 5 minutes. when i tried to stand my knee just gave and slipped down (even scarier).

Xray showed nothing. MRI showed the damage. Sounds like you sprained a ligament or a partial tear, but i could be terribly wrong. gotta go check it out my friend. sorry to hear.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
worst thing about a knee injury is they usually require an expensive MRI to find any soft tissue (ligament) damage.

i'll tell you when i tore my ACL and partial meniscus, the POP i felt through my body scared me. the pain was intense but only for about 5 minutes. when i tried to stand my knee just gave and slipped down (even scarier).

Xray showed nothing. MRI showed the damage. Sounds like you sprained a ligament or a partial tear, but i could be terribly wrong. gotta go check it out my friend. sorry to hear.

same thing I had.. they used 3 strips of hamstring and lifting has never quite been the same.

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
same thing I had.. they used 3 strips of hamstring and lifting has never quite been the same.

same thing here....sometimes it feels like my left hamstring is going to pop if i sit down too far (seat too low)

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I have never suffered any knee injuries but my brother has Bone on bone as he does not have any cartridge left.for me it's my shoulders one rotator cuff surgery one more to go.you know what I don't know what's worse knees back or shoulders.injuries, f&ck I hate them

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
Get to the doc

Have them look real good esp if its just a tiny tear or small pull
It can take forever to heal

I know

25x under the knife

Last right bicep rolled up to my shoulder in feb 13

Still not 100%

Who is viewing this thread?