Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Humulin r question..

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I used this and made great gains... Peak:1.5-2hours as duration is 4 hours. But my question is when i used it, I did it 2-4pm... Bc of my current job I now start my workouts around 6 or 7... I don't want to go hypo while asleep. Thoughts? And I usually do 8-10g carbs per iu. I don't really see a safe way for me to use it post workout safely with my
Job restricting what time I workout. Any advice?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Lower the dose PWO and keep the carbs up if your afraid. start with really low dose as apposed to PREWO.

but just use a lower dose or better yet find some humalog and use it PWO.

L

lennoxchi

Nov 20, 2012
if you're going to stick with "r" i suggest do what i do. since you've used slin before you probably have a good idea of how many carbs you need to be "safe".

i prepare a intra work out drink consisting of 60g of dextrose along with my creatine, beta a, and a few scoops of extend (BCAAS)
right before i start lifting i go into the bathroom and pin the slin.
now i dont lift for more than 1.5 hours so basically when i've getting ready to leave the gym its starting to peak or close to starting

make sure you eat some carbs before lifting, maybe just a banana which is usually good for 30-50 carbs depending on size and age of the fruit.
afterwards have your shake with carbs and later eat your post w/o meal. that will save you some time.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
if you're going to stick with "r" i suggest do what i do. since you've used slin before you probably have a good idea of how many carbs you need to be "safe".

i prepare a intra work out drink consisting of 60g of dextrose along with my creatine, beta a, and a few scoops of extend (BCAAS)
right before i start lifting i go into the bathroom and pin the slin.
now i dont lift for more than 1.5 hours so basically when i've getting ready to leave the gym its starting to peak or close to starting

make sure you eat some carbs before lifting, maybe just a banana which is usually good for 30-50 carbs depending on size and age of the fruit.
afterwards have your shake with carbs and later eat your post w/o meal. that will save you some time.

It's never happened with me but I'm scared of it spiking when im asleep... I goto bed around 10

L

lennoxchi

Nov 20, 2012
you might be s.o.l.

witht he time frame you're talking about and your sleep time coupled with the "r" peak the only "safe" way to do it would be to pin about an hour before the gym, have it peak while you're there and still have 3 hours or so after the gym to eat and such.

have you thought of lifting before the gym? i do and after about 2 weeks you're used to it, of course i take enough pre-w/o supps to kill a horse but i'm lifting good after i warm up.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Take preworkout, and eat like a madman post workout. I workout at 7, routinely crash on the couch about 10:30-11 and I've used as much as 50 units of slin. Not suggesting you do anything like I do, just saying I'm still alive.

S

stevezab

Mar 17, 2013
i have to take slin trust me your body will wake you, it wants to live you will feel like crap also every time you go low you will get brain damage the brain lives and trives on suger

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic