Members
Latest Member
thejudge
What's New?

How to make Bac water easily

juced_porkchop

juced_porkchop

Feb 15, 2012
Bacteriostatic water is basically sterile water mixed with .9% benzyl alcohol.
I would like t0 explain how to make Bac water since it seems coming across Bac water is becoming harder and harder and price is going up as well.

Tools you will need for small batch of Bac water: 10cc syringe, .1cc benzyl alcohol, 10cc distilled water, .22 pore filter, 10cc sterile vile

How to make it:
1)Draw up .1ml benzyl alcohol into a 10cc syringe
2)Draw up 10ml distilled water into 10cc syringe
3)Connect .22 pore filter to needle with BA and water
4)Push contents of syringe into a 10cc sterile vile (remember to swab the top of vial before this step) and its Bac water!

If you want a bigger batch: Mix 100cc distilled water and 1cc benzyl alcohol follow step 3 and 4 and there you have it, Bac water.

I get a lot of PM’s on this recently so I hope this helps out people in need of Bac water.
Where to get all supplies needed: http://www.cemproducts.com/research-supplies-1.html
(I use this place often and they have all the things needed at one spot which is a plus because some other places do not sell syringes along with the rest)

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
A friend can grab 20ml sterile water vials from work, I add .18ml of BA to it...bingo!

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
It's available for $5-8 again. Just checked.

yes it is.. I havent found it that cheap though..$10 for 30ml.. I seen some websites it was $19.99..

juced_porkchop

juced_porkchop

Feb 15, 2012
FDA is cracking down hard still on its sales.... trust me 3-4 more months from now and it will be even worse 20$ for 30ml ... watch.... this just sucks!

juced_porkchop

juced_porkchop

Feb 15, 2012
and amazon and ebay sales of it are being blocked for bac water sales now, so dont hold your hopes up for the 8$ btls your talking about

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Water is cheap and so is BA and it's as simple as stated.

People keep confusing the formula it's 1% BA so if you make 100ml it's 99ml water 1ml BA.

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
Water is cheap and so is BA and it's as simple as stated.

People keep confusing the formula it's 1% BA so if you make 100ml it's 99ml water 1ml BA.

If you want to get really technical it's supposed to be 0.9% BA so use 99.1mL of distilled water and 0.9mL of BA to make 100mL's

If they ever get it back in stock, Evotrition has (had) the cheapest BW around at only $3.65 for 30mL

http://www.evotrition.com/Hospira_Abbott_Bacteriostatic_Water_30ml_p/hospira_bactwater.htm

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
If you want to get really technical it's supposed to be 0.9% BA so use 99.1mL of distilled water and 0.9mL of BA to make 100mL's

If they ever get it back in stock, Evotrition has (had) the cheapest BW around at only $3.65 for 30mL

http://www.evotrition.com/Hospira_Abbott_Bacteriostatic_Water_30ml_p/hospira_bactwater.htm

Got all excited and shit when I clicked on the link. Until I read it was on back order...lol Shit I mix my own gear I'm sure I can mix my own BW.

juced_porkchop

juced_porkchop

Feb 15, 2012
Got all excited and shit when I clicked on the link. Until I read it was on back order...lol Shit I mix my own gear I'm sure I can mix my own BW.
just don't use your tap water ! lol one guy i saw post he used tap water, added BA and filtered it! its not THAT simple. they add alot of stuff to the water. you don't want to be injecting chlorine and all the other crap in most tap water if your getting it right from the tap and putting it right into a vial......

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
just don't use your tap water ! lol one guy i saw post he used tap water, added BA and filtered it! its not THAT simple. they add alot of stuff to the water. you don't want to be injecting chlorine and all the other crap in most tap water if your getting it right from the tap and putting it right into a vial......

I know its all over the internet and guys make it all the time but its not the same. You can not make bac water. There are processes used that can not be duplicated in home brew. Spend the 10 bucks and buy it...
And I'm not going to argue with you guys about it. If you want to make it, go for it...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic