Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

How many calories should I eat to be leaner with more strength

Needauniquename

Needauniquename

TID Lady Member
Sep 24, 2019
I’m 20 5’9” A year ago and a half ago, I lifted weights 3 days a week for a several months and ate around 1700 calories and lost 1.5 lbs a week. I got down to my ideal weight/muscle build at 143lbs. I traveled a lot and stopped working out. And inthe last year I’ve been trying to get back down to where I was before with the same routine but I stopped losing and kept lessening my calories. I lost 20 lbs now at 155 with some strength but now I can’t eat past 1500 calories without gaining .2 lbs a day. A week ago I upped my workouts; I do calisthenics 4 days a week, and cardio 1 day. I need to increase my caloric intake. What should I increase it to? How long until my body adjusts? I felt so much better at 143 with more muscle; My goal is to get back to that. I would love to know Thanks for reading/helping.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Bro you're not supposed to weigh 143 lbs at 5'9"...eat 200g carbs 70g fat 160g protein as a baseline (2000 calories). you should eat 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight. Add carbs each week slowly.

my gf weighs 141lbs and has 330g of carbs on high days and 270g on low days. 150g of protein and 70g of fat. She's lean too...

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Bro you're not supposed to weigh 143 lbs at 5'9"...eat 200g carbs 70g fat 160g protein as a baseline (2000 calories). you should eat 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight. Add carbs each week slowly.

my gf weighs 141lbs and has 330g of carbs on high days and 270g on low days. 150g of protein and 70g of fat. She's lean too...
I believe bro is a she...

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I believe bro is a she...

@Needauniquename so sorry!

eat 200g carbs 70g fat 160g protein as a baseline (2000 calories). you should eat 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight. Add carbs each week slowly.

You can start with less say 180 carbs, 60g fat, 140g protein and slowly add carbs each week, say 10-20g and raise protein to match bodyweight.

My gf is upregulating and started at 1700 cals with the split above and was at 140. 10 weeks later she's still at 140 but now eating 2500 cals. Her body is burning the fuel very well and looking lean/vascular.

Needauniquename

Needauniquename

TID Lady Member
Sep 24, 2019
yeah I am female, my frame is smaller so I tend to weigh less than other girls my height. ‍♀️ Anyways thanks guys for the feedback Hopefully I can up my progress at the park a lot more.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
If you think of a unique user name lemme know and I can fix it up for you ;)

Needauniquename

Needauniquename

TID Lady Member
Sep 24, 2019
If you think of a unique user name lemme know and I can fix it up for you ;)
Dude I just realized how to add emojis with your reply. I tried using the one on my keyboard and it didn’t show up or did this ‍♀️ :p

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
How's your workout intensity now vs before? I bet it was much higher before. Also before did you spend more of your days moving around burning more calories while not in the gym? Obviously your energy balance is different now vs before. Your burning less now for a reason. Your not an anomaly.

If you decide to bump your calories up make sure you use that extra fuel to boost your workout intensity. If adding 200 calories will allow you to push it harder in the gym then add the calories in. If your just going to go through the motions like 99% of gym population your better leaving calories where they are and increasing the cardio a little by little each week until you hit your goal of leanness.

Needauniquename

Needauniquename

TID Lady Member
Sep 24, 2019
How's your workout intensity now vs before? I bet it was much higher before. Also before did you spend more of your days moving around burning more calories while not in the gym? Obviously your energy balance is different now vs before. Your burning less now for a reason. Your not an anomaly.

If you decide to bump your calories up make sure you use that extra fuel to boost your workout intensity. If adding 200 calories will allow you to push it harder in the gym then add the calories in. If your just going to go through the motions like 99% of gym population your better leaving calories where they are and increasing the cardio a little by little each week until you hit your goal of leanness.
Each workout lasts about an hour give or take. I do like 10 to 12 exercises each one until I shit myself lol rest a minute then do the other. If I don’t shit myself then I make it harder until I do. I like the strength and skill increases that come with it before I was more chill with my workouts, I ran slightly more but I did it for longer so I was stronger. I use public transportation and walk to everything. So I say I walk about 1-3 miles a day outside.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic