Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How "fasted" is your Fasted Cardio?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
never done it, probably why im still extra fluffy! hard to convince myself to get up at 3:30 in the morning to do something that i hate. i might consider it if i ever invested in a treadmill. the whole incline walking thing i could do first thing in the morning and not hate. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm might have to treat myself to an early christmas present or late birthday present.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
I do not believe in fasted cardio. The studies that are done on fasted cardio exist purely to optimize the efficiency of athletes. Calorically there is 0 advantage, in terms of nutrition partitioning (fat use vs glucose use vs protein use) there is no advantage, no cardiovsacular advantage, no metabolic advantage, no glycogen utilization and metabolism advantage.

Too much low intensity cardio on a cut can actually damage and reduce resting metabolism.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I do not believe in fasted cardio. The studies that are done on fasted cardio exist purely to optimize the efficiency of athletes. Calorically there is 0 advantage, in terms of nutrition partitioning (fat use vs glucose use vs protein use) there is no advantage, no cardiovsacular advantage, no metabolic advantage, no glycogen utilization and metabolism advantage.

Too much low intensity cardio on a cut can actually damage and reduce resting metabolism.

I've seen studies saying the opposite. The science of fasted cardio makes sense. I would say to try both but do what works best for you.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I've seen studies saying the opposite. The science of fasted cardio makes sense. I would say to try both but do what works best for you.

there are "studies" that prove both points :eek: people get too hung up on studies. if there is no statistical significance than they really havent PROVEN anything. so do what you want and know that both sides have proof!

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
To answer the original question, my fasted cardio is fasted...no food and only coffee and water before (I have to have the coffee LOL) and from my experience, my bf has been dropping faster since I started doing the fasted cardio....so it seems to me that it is working better this way. I do 10 minutes of warm up, 20 minutes of HIIT and follow up with 30 minutes of mid range cardio...I hate cardio, but I am really melting fat and so I am gonna stick with it :)

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
2 cups of STRONG black coffee, 100mcg of Ipamorelin and 100mcg of mod GRF 1-29 along with a helthy dose of yohimbe 45 minutes before cardio.

I should add that i have been doing alternate day fasting for over 1 year now so after my am fasted cardio I do not eat any food or calories until 5-6:00pm that evening at which time I will eat about 800 calories of fats and protein..

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I should add that i have been doing alternate day fasting for over 1 year now so after my am fasted cardio I do not eat any food or calories until 5-6:00pm that evening at which time I will eat about 800 calories of fats and protein..

wow, just wow. i couldnt do it, not near disciplined enough! 800 calories after a day of fasting just doesnt seem like enough. i have followed logs where the person will eat only once a day but usually calorie consumption is atleast double that. interesting concept behind it all but dang it, i like to eat even if i dont like what i am eating :eek:

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
MAYO how have your results been so far using the fasting cardio? I may have to try this.....

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
100% fasted cardio works well with my body. I take a little VPX clenbutrex for thermo and some liquid carnitine for fat transport 15 minutes prior and do between 20-40 minutes of low to mid-intensity cardio. I find that my body temp feels hotter on days that I begin with fasted cardio. I also find that the fat loss is accelerated when I throw in ModGRF and GHRP-2 before I start.

Brodel154

Brodel154

MuscleHead
Jul 3, 2011
I roll out of bed, drink 2 cups of coffee, drink my bcaas with one emergen-c pack, then about 20 minutes later hop on the treadmill at 10-12% incline @ 3 mph for 30-45 minutes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic