Latest Member
Remy14
What's New?

How Dumb was this move?

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
We were just at the butcher this weekend. We have 2 since I live on a couny line. One sells Delmonico fo $15.69, the other usually on sale for $8-9.99 per pound. Beef prices are crazy

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Nice looking cuts!

My butcher is an old friend of my grandparents/parents and hooks me up everytime I go in there. I feel guilty leaving there sometimes with what he cuts off for me for how little he charges. Last week: Beef tenderloin, a little over 4 lbs.....I salt it up and cook it black and blue....so good.

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Let me guess, the company is Schwab? If so that is their business selling meat.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Dude you got screwed you could have gone to a butcher and got 1/2 a cow for $700 which is a ton more meat than you got and it would all be fresh. Me an 3 friends split whole cows all the time my 1/4 is usually between $300-$400 depending on the weight of the cow and the market when we order

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Dude you got screwed you could have gone to a butcher and got 1/2 a cow for $700 which is a ton more meat than you got and it would all be fresh. Me an 3 friends split whole cows all the time my 1/4 is usually between $300-$400 depending on the weight of the cow and the market when we order

We get a whole beef every year, its the way to go.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
We get a whole beef every year, its the way to go.

Hell yeah it is! If you have a couple big dudes you train with get 4-6 guys to chip in and do it a couple times a year and you always have fresh beef at dirt cheap prices.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010

My family did this was I was a little kid. You could tell the guy how much you wanted in ground meat, versus other cuts. As long as you've got a nice big extra freezer in your garage or basement, and the power doesn't go out, LOL, you're good to go.

If the power goes out, you throw a block party!!

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
My family did this was I was a little kid. You could tell the guy how much you wanted in ground meat, versus other cuts. As long as you've got a nice big extra freezer in your garage or basement, and the power doesn't go out, LOL, you're good to go.

If the power goes out, you throw a block party!!

I try and split mine with some friends that way I don't have to store too much, for too long, my butcher doesn't charge any extra for how it's cut or ground you get it how ever you want.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic