Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How anonymous are you?

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Or do you even care to be? What lengths do you all go threw? Vpn's, secure email, burn the prints of ur fingers with acid lol.....I know this sites got some security gurus here... I've learned a couple things today that's got me thinking... The first has to do with smart phones and the camera, when u take a pic the time and exact location can be seen when u post the picture in a thread, well that's my understanding anyways, maybe sombody can explain how that works.... The second is some lazer printers leave there mark Giving some detailed information, not exactly sure what info that is but I hear it has to do with the secret service cracking down on counterfeiting... The cell phone pics is easy u can turn the gps location off on the settings the printer is easy to just don't counterfeit money lol....
Being anonymous online is kinda like being a classic car, the cleaner you are the harder you're looked at for flaws if it's a banged up old car nobody gives a shit.....

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
LOL! Yes, taking a picture with a smartphone CAN geo-tag your location. Be smart, there is a setting that you can enable or disable this.

Yes, some laser printers leave a mark on paper that can identify what printer it is.

In reality, there is no such thing as being anonymous on the internet. Guys use Tor and think they are anonymous and safe. NOPE! The creator of Tor has openly said Tor doesn't make you anonymous, it just makes tracking your internet use difficult to monitor.

Secure email is a joke. Safe-mail tags each e-mail with your IP address. Also, most of the anon e-mail services based in the US will cooperate with LE.

PGP is a great step, but most people who own a computer can barely figure out how to turn them off and on; let alone figure out how to install PGP, create keys, encrypt, and decrypt messages.

VPN's are only as secure as the provider.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Gs hit up captaincaveman and slic for some things you can do to protect yourself... They have some great ideas.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
When it comes to computers and tech I'm fucked.i had my bank account hacked along with many others.the guys behind it were a group of Romanian guys which the Feds caught just as they were boarding the plan.in six weeks they had ripped off 45 million dollars from people.

T

TexasAQHA

Sep 16, 2011
It blows my mind why more and more people are coming on to the boards using Tap-a-Talk....

I am thinking really? You want you personal cell number associated with everything we discuss here?

People are simply not security conscious.... but when you let your guard down is when you will get yourselves into trouble...

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Personaly , I think if the Feds want you you can not hide and stay in one place as a normal Citizen. Proxy's , too much '''masking'' can just create more suspicion and lead to deeper looks. Security is a must but I think it's more to keep from being hacked\scammed as we have seen alot of going on lately. Jus my opinion. LE has way more saavy guys and alot deeper pockets, look at Bonds\Clemmons, Millions of $$$ for what

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I don't stress too much about the whole situation with privacy. And truth be told, if anyone on this board was truly concerned they wouldn't even be on here.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
The best is play it smart online, keep a low profile, and don't be an open book. Don't use a smart phone, or give any information out that people can use to find you or to steal your Identity. Be smart....

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
It blows my mind why more and more people are coming on to the boards using Tap-a-Talk....

I am thinking really? You want you personal cell number associated with everything we discuss here?

People are simply not security conscious.... but when you let your guard down is when you will get yourselves into trouble...
If tapatalk had permissions for that you would be right. I know on android it doesn't.

You can connect through a vpn and proxy on your phone just like anything else.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I don't stress too much about the whole situation with privacy. And truth be told, if anyone on this board was truly concerned they wouldn't even be on here.

this makes a lot of sense. I mean you can have all the "secure" mail accounts you want, if "they" wanna read your shit, they will. Unless you're dealing massive quantities, you got nothing to worry about. Anyway, I live in Canada (oops, I revealed some info, lol) and LE does not care much about busting personal users like myself.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011

I agree with you 100% on this, its just amazing to me how much things have changed since the early 80's and those one piece computers with the built in key boards from radio shack..... Big brother I know your watching but can u just please turn ur head for 45 seconds while I pin my ass with 250mgs of testosterone???????? Jesus Christ get off my nutz ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic