Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Homebrewers?

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
^Why don't you write up a quick tutorial when you get a second? It could be helpful.

Bottom line is it's easiest to just look up a paper or ask someone who's done it because it's empirically determined of the most part. All the powders are going to be a little different. Probably bass has a good place to start. As long as they are soluble in methanol you can add water and chill to get it back out but to get it all out could be a little tricky. When you look compounds up in the Merck Index it will list something like soluble in acetone and then list the amount of mass of the compound per unit volume at a specific temperature that it is soluble in. You can look up the activity of that solvent in an index of physical and chemical properties. In those publications you can find list of activities for solvents. In this way you can design a solvent system for your experiment.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Bottom line is it's easiest to just look up a paper or ask someone who's done it because it's empirically determined of the most part. All the powders are going to be a little different. Probably bass has a good place to start. As long as they are soluble in methanol you can add water and chill to get it back out but to get it all out could be a little tricky. When you look compounds up in the Merck Index it will list something like soluble in acetone and then list the amount of mass of the compound per unit volume at a specific temperature that it is soluble in. You can look up the activity of that solvent in an index of physical and chemical properties. In those publications you can find list of activities for solvents. In this way you can design a solvent system for your experiment.

Damn good advice, my example being test cyp can be tuff , go slow and want to slow the recrystallization you add some cold water like bass mentioned.
water to the cyp/methanol mix was when I did, it layered into two different colors. One rather clear and the other very dark. I'll try it again though but this time let it cool more to see what kind of recrystallization I get.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Damn good advice, my example being test cyp can be tuff , go slow and want to slow the recrystallization you add some cold water like bass mentioned.
water to the cyp/methanol mix was when I did, it layered into two different colors. One rather clear and the other very dark. I'll try it again though but this time let it cool more to see what kind of recrystallization I get.

looks like a damn rice cake and havn't messed with it since.

ICE

ICE

Nov 4, 2011
I got some of axio's first batches from genx and it was bunk. I didn't gain a single pound in 12 weeks and no change whatsoever in my looks.

So, it was then and there that I decided to brew my own since everything I read didn't seem very difficult. So, I've been brewing my own ever since. Now I can only blame myself if it turns out shitty but it never does. Plus, it's fun to brew your own and you never have to worry about whether it's sterile or what the dosage really is. And it really boils down to the fact I don't trust anyone else to brew properly. I'm quite anal about the way I do it.

I always brew my shit @ 2% BA, 20% BB and never have any crashing problems whatsoever. TNE I brew differently with EO but haven't done any of that in awhile since I hate pinning twice a day.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I got some of axio's first batches from genx and it was bunk. I didn't gain a single pound in 12 weeks and no change whatsoever in my looks.

So, it was then and there that I decided to brew my own since everything I read didn't seem very difficult. So, I've been brewing my own ever since. Now I can only blame myself if it turns out shitty but it never does. Plus, it's fun to brew your own and you never have to worry about whether it's sterile or what the dosage really is. And it really boils down to the fact I don't trust anyone else to brew properly. I'm quite anal about the way I do it.

I always brew my shit @ 2% BA, 20% BB and never have any crashing problems whatsoever. TNE I brew differently with EO but haven't done any of that in awhile since I hate pinning twice a day.

Nice & welcome to TID ICE! yea brewing can be fun and you know what you got as long as your powder supplier is good.

ICE

ICE

Nov 4, 2011
Nice & welcome to TID ICE! yea brewing can be fun and you know what you got as long as your powder supplier is good.

Thanks bro. Glad to be here.

And a good homebrewer over time can spot correct powders by site and smell alone. :)

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Getting ready to do some brewing shortly myself. Its been about 3 years since I lasted brewed.

Yeah I started by doing tren kits and when powders became available I jumped on that.

Like Ice all I ever used was BA and BB and never had any problems for the most part. Prop was a little tricky but the others, no problems. Looking forward to cooking again, thats for sure.

rols

rols

VIP Member
Nov 2, 2011
been a while but I started on the ole fina carts myself.

Fitter x

Fitter x

Nov 13, 2011
Same here, fina and syno kits got me started. When I was a noob nobody would give out sources(I don't blame either).
I've brewed test prop, cyp, enth, NPP, EQ, deca, winny(water based) and Trens-a&e. Capped a few powders.
I remember when BA/BB was only refered to as magic solution, and was guarded as a trade secret.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic