Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Homebrew PIP

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
Got asked about this in a PM and decided to start a thread as reply so that others could benefit from the answer, and, so that people who are more knowledgeable than myself can add their thoughts on the matter.

The following reply makes the assumption that you are not normally prone to PIP and the injection was good - not inadvertently sloppy, causing injury to the muscle or the injected solution to ball up and not disperse correctly.

PIP from homebrews can happen for a few different reasons:

1) substandard ingredients - the powder, BA, BB or carrier can be bad or contaminated and cause problems.

2) incorrect brewing. some people think they got the percentages correct when in all actuality, they did not.

3) high hormone concentrations - either deliberate or accidental. pushing the carrier too far can cause gear to crash in the muscle - especially once the BB dessipitates. with GSO, cottonseed and safflower, 200mg should be the limit. Especially with cypionate which is notorious for wanting to jump back out of the carrier at 200+mg concentrations.

if you are brewing high concentration gear and have never pinned it before (the denser concentrations), you could be reacting to the hormone density. some people simply don't fair well with higher concentrations.

4) the carrier. maybe you are using EO for the first time - to perhaps get a higher concentration. A lot of people react badly to EO.

5) BA content. perhaps you are use to using 2% solutions and brewed a higher BA content - either deliberately or accidentally. Aside from the proprionate ester, which is painful for most people because of the propionic acid itself, most PIP is either from bad injects or BA content....or, that's been my experience anyway. A lot of people find 5% BA gear painful.

A note about BA and BB. Both are solvents and both aid in maintaining gear sterility - BA, while still in the vial, and BB, once injected. However, BB serves a secondary and more important function. It acts to molecularly bind the hormone to the carrier. So, it stands to reason that if the BB is bad to begin with, or the percentage is too low, the gear will be prone to crashing - period, but even if it stays dissolved in the vial, it stands a better than normal chance of crashing in the muscle, and the formula that applies to the scenario is:

muscle + crashed gear = PIP.

Solutions

If you have a homebrew that is causing excessive PIP, there are a few things you might try.

1) increase the BB content. I know of several people that simply add more BB without concern regarding modifying the hormone mg/ml percentage.

if you are going to go this route, I would suggest making a mixture of both BA and BB at the correct ratios and then adding it to the problematic gear. You will lower the mg/ml content, but for me, that just means pulling the plunger back a little further.

2) cut the solution with something else. One thing I have done in the past is to add a cc of b-12. This is something I learned from some vets whom I trust in all things gear related. And, it helps significantly. If you are going to go this route, I suggest putting the vial on a coffee hot plate and heat it up. Add the b-12, shake vigorously and inject while still warm and thin. It looks pretty funky - like a 70's lava lamp, but is better than dealing with the PIP.

3) try heating the gear first and then injecting more slowly, thoroughly massaging the injection area afterwards. The standard rule of thumb is a cc per minute injection rate, but aside from me, I really don't know many folk that practice it.

anyway, that is my take on the matter. surely some others with better advice will chime in and add their .02.

and the sad thing.....this should have been a thread shine started.

Last edited:
Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Very good info brother...

Heating the gear pre-pin has always eliminated PIP for me, even with prop. Even with gear that crashes at room temp, you can heat the solution and inject before it cools back to room temp. I would not recommend this for everyone but myself and a few others I know have bought gear that was "crashed" at a discounted price and used it just fine.

Speaking of SHINE and high mg... The two of us used to joke about how 600mg/ml EQ was our favorite injection... "Tasty stuff!" He used to say

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
done a lot of 600mg gear. its my fav. 200/200/200 mixtures. but it is not something I can do myself. im lucky enough to know some good brewers.

and never any PIP. amazing. wish I knew how they did it.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Bybon is using a 600mg test blend. Pinned on a Sunday and was still limping on Thursday.

I've never used high mg gear but I'm sick of the oil volume. Just picked up some 300mg test to see how that goes. I'll work my way up.

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
Bybon is using a 600mg test blend. Pinned on a Sunday and was still limping on Thursday.

I've never used high mg gear but I'm sick of the oil volume. Just picked up some 300mg test to see how that goes. I'll work my way up.

and that is why I like the high mg stuff. like I said, been lucky to get gear made by really good brewers. but even a simple cycle like 800mg test and 800mg bold a week divided by 2 injections at 200mg/ml is pushing a lot of oil, and that gets old.

the 600mg gear I have used has been test blends mostly, but tried high mg boldenone too. great results with both and never any PIP.

but, by my own admission, I'd say that maybe I am the exception to the rule. a lot of peep choke on 300mg or higher gear. PIP is just too much.

And to that end, I don't know if it is the hormone density or the carrier. the brewers I know are pretty tight lipped with their high mg recipies, but I am almost certain that any high mg gear uses EO, and that is a problem in itself for a lot of folk.

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
Good post BUT a bad #2.

Never put B-12 (water-based) with an oil and pin it. I forgot the med term for this but you all are asking for real trouble. If I remember it had something to do with the B-12 hindering the dissipation of the oil and causing it to stagnate within the muscle.

Just my 2-cents...

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Good post BUT a bad #2.

Never put B-12 (water-based) with an oil and pin it. I forgot the med term for this but you all are asking for real trouble. If I remember it had something to do with the B-12 hindering the dissipation of the oil and causing it to stagnate within the muscle.

Just my 2-cents...

I'm not a fan of mixing water based with oil either but I have never heard any medical term against it...
If you can dig that up im all ears but I'm calling bro science.

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
I'm not a fan of mixing water based with oil either but I have never heard any medical term against it...
If you can dig that up im all ears but I'm calling bro science.

well, I've done it quite a bit when I've had painful gear. I picked up on that technique from others who did it all well. also, know some people that mix the micronized Winnie with oil gear as well.

not saying pepino Is wrong, not at all. what he is saying could have merit. but no, I haven't heard anything to that effect...obviously.

but, to be on the safe side, I guess I would refrain. don't really know what the down side of the oil stagnating would be, though.....and abcess?

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
runnnig the pin under hot water works for me and I have always mixed a cc of b-12 with higher concentrations to help out and these things must work as im not prone to PIP...the higher concentrations I have used lately have not even made my a muscle twitch.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic