Bigherm21

Bigherm21

Apr 12, 2012
531245_503536139672638_939516996_n.jpg

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Well ask yourself this. A hockey player most likely could play football. But can a football player play ice hockey?

I totally understand where you're going with this and I agree....however there's an exception to every rule. My good bro's bro-in-law played OT for about 5 yrs in the NFL...he's a 6'5" mexican who can skate his ass off (still plays in a league) talk about walking conundrum!

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
They hit harder in football due to their higher speeds, but I think the constant skating around coupled with the beat downs they take make hockey a tougher sport and hockey players stronger men.

No way a football player is going faster running than a hockey player is skating. I play hockey, not very well but still get moving much faster than I could ever run. At that level the players would skate much faster than any db or reciever could ever run. Its a tough questions to answere because, football players take a beating every play, especially linemen. I think hockey is a considerably tougher sport to play. Both sports have guys taking a ton of punishment.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Well ask yourself this. A hockey player most likely could play football. But can a football player play ice hockey?

Great point herm. For the vast majority the response would be no.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I laced up the skates since I was 3 and played juniors (semi-pro) in Russia, Canada and Sweden to name a few. I can't knock the conditioning of a pro football player because of the different positions and demands that a football player encounters. However, here's my comparison:

Line: 3 feet away, slapping, pushing, eye gouging, top speed within that distance is about 8mph
Corners/Safety/Linebackers: Running starts, sometimes hitting players blind (new rules preventing defenseless hits) Top speed approx 18mph (figuring 11 seconds/100 yards....300 feet divided by 5280 which is .057 miles at 11 seconds)

Hockey: You're a bad ass muthafucka! End post.

Just kidding, but overall, even a goalie's conditioning has to be spot on with the quick jolts, twists and turns. Top speed for a hockey player I believe is 33 or 34mph so even if you figure average speed around 24-27mph, that's a lot faster than a top speed cornerback (and most likely the hockey player would be bigger than a corner or safety)

I played both but call me biased.....Hockey is a tougher sport and pound for pound, I'd take a hockey player over a football player with their toughness. However in a fight, probably 80% of football players are carrying a gun so they win there.....in closing, Not many football players are coming back in the 4th quarter with stiches over their eye or a broken finger.

Hockey gets my vote on this one

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011

That pic of stammer is from the shot that zdeno charra blasted in the playoffs 2 years ago. The shot was actually slowed from hitting the base of his visor first. I was amazed that he came back into the game. Think he was concussed!? Hockey players are beast mode sumbitches. My son and daughter both play. Greatest sport on earth. Rob Ray fan for life!

Bigherm21

Bigherm21

Apr 12, 2012
Lol hell yeah bro. I played them all growing up and I absolutely love football and hockey. I'm not trying to be racial or anything but thank god for hockey its still a sport that mid sized white boys can play. Haha

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
What about that box lacrosse? It's what these guys do when the ice melts in Cananda. Between playing all three; I've delivered and took the hardest hits in lacrosse hands down.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
it's funny how in football if u get a bruise on ur elbow, knee ect, u or the coaching staff will take u out of the game. in hockey, if u get hit in the face with a 100 mph puck, u get 30 stitches and ur back in the game 10mins later.

in football the average time a player plays is about 3mins 20sec.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic