Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Hittin 40 yrs old: Q's on TRT

BIGasTexas

BIGasTexas

Nov 17, 2012
Any advise y'all can offer would be appreciated....

Here's my story: From the age of 27-36 I worked out with a number of competitive BB'rs but never competed myself. I lightly participated in a few BB boards (some aren't around anymore) and studied proper AAS use. I never became an expert by any means but I had the basics down. In my best shape I was 6' ft at 230lbs and approx 10% BF (light abs). Not as lean as some but in good shape for sure.

Flash forward: I'll be 41 in a few days and am in fairly bad shape compared to years past. Although I have lost some weight and fat recently and have really cleaned up my diet I'm nowhere near where I want to be. Currently at 6' ft tall at 235lbs and estimated BF is probably 20+% (I'm probably being way too generous).

I know that my Test levels are in the dirt due to extra belly fat and lower lean muscle. And it's my thought I would run some sort of extended TRT (maybe stacking light AAS') and add 3 days a week of weight training to my current cardio heavy schedule. But I'm not sure really where to start. Now instead of figuring out a cycle from the point of view of a guy in my late 20's looking to put on large mass, I'm in my early 40's looking to loose fat, add some muscle mass and get the General saluting again. I have also heard using AAS with too much body fat can cause gyno....something to think about.

So any advice? I was thinking 250-300 mgs of Test E a week (Kick started with Prop the first 2-3 weeks) and maybe some Tren stacked periodically. Running Aromasin through out to control Est and bloat. Also HCG on occasion throughout.

Appreciate it...
BaT

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Blood work is the good place to start.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I think if you're test is really bottomed go get it prescribed ,.. Just for the quality , yes add back weight training , even at your fat level I would add more weight less cardio , and think you'll see better results....

Otherwise I don't see an issue with your plan But it is smarter to go the script route IMO

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Im turning 39 this year was just put on TRT 7 months ago. You need to get that blood work my levels were way lower than what I thought. There are many guys on here that are on TRT so I'm sure you will find all the help you need. Always start with blood work don't guess. Good luck

BIGasTexas

BIGasTexas

Nov 17, 2012
Appreciate the replies. I'm going to make an appointment to get a full panel including Test levels. But I am certain the last time my doctor wrote a script for Cyp it was a light MG and due to my insurance it was way more expensive than getting it from an UGL.

I guess I always had the opinion thet "TRT" was a light Test only cycle. And I would like to raise the levels a bit and stack something with it. Any thoughts on Test and light AAS' with a higher than desired BF%? I would assume it's pretty important to have a good AI and HCG schedule running throughout......?

Last edited:
dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Problem with higher body at is when the test aromatizes into estrogen the fat cells also produce estrogen and you can end up overdoing it ... If you have good ancillaries and run a low dose cycle you should be fine

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
And yes trt is generally just a restorative level of test what you're talking about is more like a blast an cruise lifestyle. Where you cruise on trt adding in other compounds during blasts

BIGasTexas

BIGasTexas

Nov 17, 2012
Damn I love getting schooled by a girl :) lol. Seriously I do appreciate the input...

I think this is my plan until I get to a much lower BF%...let me know what y'all think:

~ Clean up my diet even more...basically staying in ketosis
~ 250-300mgs of Test E weekly
~ Hyge's (if the wife let's me spend the money) -- 4iu's a day -- 4 Days on / 3 Days off schedule
~ 5mg's of Aromasin ED
~ 200iu's HCG every M,W,F

Once I get my BF% down quite a bit I will raise my Test to 500mg's per week and cycle in other compounds periodically. Perhaps switching back & forth from light runs of Tren & Winny.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
BaT

Last edited:
dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Damn I love getting schooled by a girl :) lol. Seriously I do appreciate the input...

I think this is my plan until I get to a much lower BF%...let me know what y'all think:

~ Clean up my diet even more...basically staying in ketosis
~ 250-300mgs of Test E weekly
~ Hyge's (if the wife let's me spend the money) -- 4iu's a day -- 4 Days on / 3 Days off schedule
~ 5mg's of Aromasin ED
~ 200iu's HCG every M,W,F

Once I get my BF% down quite a bit I will raise my Test to 500mg's per week and cycle in other compounds periodically. Perhaps switching back & forth from light runs of Tren & Winny.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
BaT

I love keto , particularly ckd just don't forget the green veggies and keep your carb ups clean to keep strength going...

250mg is standard ew and looks good
I don't know about pct too much , so someone else can chime but I have seen it works best when just used as needed ...

2iu/day everyday would be better for your goals rather than more cycled, 2iu is enough for fat loss , and I would suggest am fasted cardio ...

Split from lifting ....

As far as when you start to run cycles, the pct needs stay the same because in essence you cruise so you never need your natty self to come back on board... Your cruise dose should stay in the 250-300 and plan cycles like you would normally 12-16 weeks at a time is pretty standard for blasts and can be hit 2 times a year , or more if you like to push

blubbard

blubbard

TID Lady Member
May 31, 2012
Why add all that shit in. If your low find a doc that will get u legit gear. The Chinese aren't exactly worried about contaminants that get in the test powders that end up in your ugl gear. The insurance issue is probably related to how the doc filled out the script. They need to specify that is for hormone deficiency. I pay the minimum copay for ten weeks supply.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic