Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Hit a ball 10 more feet with Var?

Cohopk

Cohopk

Dec 7, 2013
Hi All, I have a different goal then most of you. over this last year I have lost 30 lbs, gained alot of strenght, changed my physic all in hopes of hitting the softball 10-15 more feet? Im playing an excellent caliber of ball and Im on my way to nationals at the end of july. But I am a "warning track" ball hitter. Would Anavar help me with my goal of hitting the ball just a bit further? Dont know how you huys find the stuff so easily? I have taken along time to try?

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
no u should not use aas to enhance your softball game

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I would work on your hitting mechanics. Lots of stuff on youtube to make you better, no need for AAS especially in softball... my 2 cc's.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
90% of the guys on the field can reach the warning track, it's called a long out. Go up in weight on your bat and work on your swing or better stop swinging for the fence and knock some runs in. I would rather be the guy that hit the single and won the series than the guy that almost hit one out and lost it!:D
AAS for softbal, that's just plain dumb

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
90% of the guys on the field can reach the warning track, it's called a long out. Go up in weight on your bat and work on your swing or better stop swinging for the fence and knock some runs in. I would rather be the guy that hit the single and won the series than the guy that almost hit one out and lost it!:D
AAS for softbal, that's just plain dumb

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perfect your overall control and body/batting mechanics first and foremost, while emphasizing those measures directed at enhancing eye to hand coordination. Only AFTER you fully develop these variables will the benefits of AAS be realized, IF there are any.
jim

Cohopk

Cohopk

Dec 7, 2013
Thanks DR Jim, guess I should add more. Im 39, have played my whole life and I am a very dependable base hitter. Infact its what Im known for best. Just would be nice to pounce one out now and then! This is my last kick at the can and my team is ranked tops in the country. Im looking for a little more strength as I get older. If anyone knows about competitive ball. The other team fiqures you out fairly quickly and they all know to take a step or two in closer on me. Therfore, I have to knock it hard on the ground or attempt to go over them. There are many sistuations where going over them is the best option. So I understand most of your guys remarks about mechanics and swinging for the base hit. But when theres 1 out and a guy on second. With the game on the line. Hitting it deep is what Im looking for!

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Thanks DR Jim, guess I should add more. Im 39, have played my whole life and I am a very dependable base hitter. Infact its what Im known for best. Just would be nice to pounce one out now and then! This is my last kick at the can and my team is ranked tops in the country. Im looking for a little more strength as I get older. If anyone knows about competitive ball. The other team fiqures you out fairly quickly and they all know to take a step or two in closer on me. Therfore, I have to knock it hard on the ground or attempt to go over them. There are many sistuations where going over them is the best option. So I understand most of your guys remarks about mechanics and swinging for the base hit. But when theres 1 out and a guy on second. With the game on the line. Hitting it deep is what Im looking for!

Lol, Cohopk, don't mean to keep bustin your balls but 1 out with a runner on second a nice line drive in the gap or down the line wins the game! A long fly out forces the runner to tag up. Fun talkin ball, used to play a lot. I wouldn't waste your time on aas for one ball game , unless you've exhausted the gym naturally. Get to the gym and work your legs, core, shoulder muscles, pretty much all used in a power swing.
Good luck

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
Chicks dig the long ball. [..]

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010

I understand what you're getting at, as I played softball at a high level years ago. Most of the ballplayers are ex-college guys who are excellent athletes. Guys standing 6'3" one or two steps in the outfield, and outfielders playing you only an extra step or two back because they have the speed to get back to the fence. Most of the strong players had amazing bat speed rather than strength. You have to smash the ball to the fence or staight up the middle to find the green stuff. I would istead work on some plyometrics for speed and power (not strenght). that will help the ball pop off the bat, and that little extra will mean the difference between a gapper and a lineout.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Also, don't most of the league only give a team 4 out of the park homers, at which point the rest are outs? Maybe I'm dating myself.

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
I date myself all the time. I go to bars by myself. Out to eat by myself. Sometimes even to the movie theatre.:food-snacking:

Anabolic Reality

Anabolic Reality

Jan 14, 2014
Learn how to use your lower half and drive off your backside. 90% of hitters at all lower levels don't know how to use their legs to propel their hips through the zone. This is what generates bat speed. Also this will slot your hands in order to pull down through the ball. Backspin generates 33% more carry than barrel hook top spin. There is your home run.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic