Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Hip flexor problem

D

Delinquent

Nov 8, 2012
This isn't so much a training injur though I do feel it during squats but over this passed year, my hip flexors have become annoyingly tight. This has mainly severely impacted my sex life. After the split from my soon to be ex wife, I was in full on bitch hating mode lol so I went without sex for a good 6 months. Once I met this new chick, I started havin repeated issues that left me hobbling like an old man for a day or two after

Any type of pelvic thrusting type movement when on my knees and I have them spread apart eventually causes severe pain bilaterally in my hip flexors. The pain doesn't occur with my legs together but as soon as I spread my knees some, it's like someone stabbed me on both sides.

I am trying to do stretches but my main question is what caused this physiologically. Could the lack of sex literally have made them tighten or I'm wondering if I have underlying back issues and/or my hip flexors haven't been firing like they should during normal walking, etc. this has been ongoing for 6 months now. It's been quite a rocky relationship to say the least but we still have sex a few times a month so I would have figured it would have resolved itself by now. It's also one way I keep trying to get laid more often as I tell her that repetition is the key lol

Anyways, is it possible that I tore them and just haven't given them enough time to heal or continue to stretch them? After stretching, they are definitely sore the rest of the day so it makes me fear that they are torn or strained.

Any help is appreciated.

R

rammer76

Nov 8, 2012
Wow, now this is a first..story of hip flexors & sex..Ok I have been a certified sports trainer for some time now and I have delt w/ hip flexors problems personally and with athletes. First of all hip flexors problems has nothing to do w/ your sex life! The HF problem probably originated with first tight quads (hip flexors) kinda the same -then possibly your pelvis could have gotten out of alignment now you have a chronic condition/clinical too. So first get checked out by a good chiropractor he can help a lot! If your pelvis and other alignment bones are out the adjustment will help a lot,secondly get back to stretching the quads/hf. The adjustments may be necessary for several weeks 1-2 a week (make sure the chiropractor is good!) it will take a few weeks/month for the alignment to 'adhere' to the correct posture position.
When stretching-stretch exercise hold should be 30-45 seconds maximum 90 seconds. The reason the muscles were sore is b/c they are so tight and if you stretched too much it 'strained' them. So the protocol is 30-45 sec hold release stretch again 2-3 times. Dont force the stretch be very gentle as soon as you feel tightness in the stretch hold do not apply more pressure. As the muscle releases then you can apply a little more pressure to further the stretch. Stretch every day. Apply a oniment such as FlexAll during the day to keep the circulation/inflammation reduced. I made a comment on a another forum suggesting Arnica salve/DMSO as the ideal combination. Lastly a deep tissue massage is great for the acceleration of muscle strain/tightness.

Good Luck

Rammer

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Hmmm I have what seems to be a strained hip flexor. Doesn't bother me much just gets irritated by stone loads and potentially squats. It's been like this awhile I wish it would go the hell away

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Hip flexor? or Psoas?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I'm not sure to be honest by looking on google it looks like hip flexor. It doesn't feel like a big area.
It's just irritated somehow. It feels more strained than anything. I felt it on stones before the comp. I'm sure the h stone and stones for reps just pissed it off even more

D

Delinquent

Nov 8, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions. Actually now I'm thinking I'm feeling a real hip flexor issue as there is pain when I lift my leg up and bend my knee towards my chest. This pain is palpable and directly on the anterior portion of my hip

The original problem may actually be adductor related as that's more the area that this pain is. I get it while spreading my knees apart and thrusting my pelvis forward. I also get it if I take a step forward and leave my back leg straight without bending my knee.

All in all it seems like some routine stretching along with a chiro will hopefully help

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic