Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

HGH and blood sugar

I

IndianRush

Nov 13, 2011
Hi everybody,

I was thinking about taking my body up 2 the next level. I know it may be early, but I was planning 2 do some HGH and AAS (Test E and DBol). I've read that this is a good way 2 put some serious mass.

I also read that HGH can cause trouble with ur blood sugar as it can decrease insulin sensitivity. I was planning 2 run it on 5iu for 6-8 months, and was wondering if I could expect problems with my blood sugar. Did you experienced some issues with this amount of HGH, and how did you dealt with it?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Some can with higher doses of GH 4iu & up and usualy about 3-4 months of GH use.
2iu ED you might not experinece any problems at all.

I

IndianRush

Nov 13, 2011
How do you people deal with HGH and planning your meals. I heard it is best to take GH on a empty stomach, and that it is wise to avoid to eat in the next 2 hours because of the insuline sensitivity. I don't know if it is true, but I can't imagine that you guys leave a gap of 4-5 hours between meals just to use GH.

So any tips on taking GH while still being able to eat on a regular base? In the morning I'm planning to take the first shot of GH at 7 am, and then take a protein shake at 8 (<4 grams of carbs per serving). The next real meal is at 10 AM

G

Guardian

Mar 11, 2012
Taking 5iu of growth wot affect your blood sugar levels at all. The reason some bodybuilders talk about blood sugar levels whilst on growth is because they stack it with insulin injections. This can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing and if you were considering this you should read up on it as much as possible. As stacking growth with dbol and test... I take it you're trying to bulk up with that stack? If that's the case then you want to be eating plenty, forget whether it's best to take your gh on an empty stomach, the effects are negligible but to get the full potential of the gh and steds you want to be getting plenty of good calories down your neck spread out over 5 or 6 meals through the day. And final bit of advice... Sleep as much as you can, especially after training, this is when your body starts repairing itself and putting all those nutrients and chemicals to good use.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
GH may cause endogenous insulin levels to increase, also may induce insulin resistance and the body compensates with extra insulin.

I take alpha lipoic acid 600mg ed & some chromium picolinate to help with insulin sensitivity.

In fact the fat burning effects of GH may be due to it causing insulin resistance!

"J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2003 Apr;88(4):1455-63

Growth hormone replacement therapy induces insulin resistance by activating the glucose-Fatty Acid cycle.

Bramnert M, Segerlantz M, Laurila E, Daugaard JR, Manhem P, Groop L.

Department of Endocrinology (M.B., M.S., E.L., P.M., L.G.), University Hospital, S-205 02 Malmo, Sweden.

The effects of GH replacement therapy on energy metabolism are still uncertain, and long-term benefits of increased muscle mass are thought to outweigh short-term negative metabolic effects. This study was designed to address this issue by examining both short-term (1 wk) and long-term (6 months) effects of a low-dose (9.6 micro g/kg body weight.d) GH replacement therapy or placebo on whole-body glucose and lipid metabolism (oral glucose tolerance test and euglycemic hyperinsulinemic clamp combined with indirect calorimetry and infusion of 3-[(3)H]glucose) and on muscle composition and muscle enzymes/metabolites, as determined from biopsies obtained at the end of the clamp in 19 GH-deficient adult subjects. GH therapy resulted in impaired insulin-stimulated glucose uptake at 1 wk (-52%; P = 0.008) and 6 months (-39%; P = 0.008), which correlated with deterioration of glucose tolerance (r = -0.481; P = 0.003). The decrease in glucose uptake was associated with an increase in lipid oxidation at 1 wk (60%; P = 0.008) and 6 months (60%; P = 0.008) and a concomitant decrease in glucose oxidation. The deterioration of glucose metabolism during GH therapy also correlated with the enhanced rate of lipid oxidation (r = -0.508; P = 0.0002). In addition, there was a shift toward more glycolytic type II fibers during GH therapy. In conclusion, replacement therapy with a low-dose GH in GH-deficient adult subjects is associated with a sustained deterioration of glucose metabolism as a consequence of the lipolytic effect of GH, resulting in enhanced oxidation of lipid substrates. Also, a shift toward more insulin-resistant type II X fibers is seen in muscle. Glucose metabolism should be carefully monitored during long-term GH replacement therapy."

Last edited:
I

IndianRush

Nov 13, 2011
Taking 5iu of growth wot affect your blood sugar levels at all. The reason some bodybuilders talk about blood sugar levels whilst on growth is because they stack it with insulin injections. This can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing and if you were considering this you should read up on it as much as possible. As stacking growth with dbol and test... I take it you're trying to bulk up with that stack? If that's the case then you want to be eating plenty, forget whether it's best to take your gh on an empty stomach, the effects are negligible but to get the full potential of the gh and steds you want to be getting plenty of good calories down your neck spread out over 5 or 6 meals through the day. And final bit of advice... Sleep as much as you can, especially after training, this is when your body starts repairing itself and putting all those nutrients and chemicals to good use.

Indeed I'm trying 2 bulk up. Not planning 2 use insulin. To much of a health risk at this stage I guess. Thnx 4 the advise.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic