Threads
Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz

help? pain in my pec.

D

dustyright

Feb 11, 2012
today i was doing flat bench i did 135 15 time 225 10 time 315 8 times to worm up. then did 405 for 12reps 1st set 10reps 2nd set and on my 3rd set on my 6th rep i felt a good bit of pain at the top as i was locking out and i went ahead and racked the weight. It had a burning sensation on my left pec below my shoulder and i decided to not do anything else and left. it fills like i have a bad bruise and i fill some pain when i move my right arm across my body to my right side. I think i tore the muscle but i have no bruising in the area so fare so i am not sure. my question is if it is a tore muscle how long does it take to bruise and if it is just a slight taer how long does it take to recover from the injury?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
About two days for bruising to show up, when I tore mine though I felt a piece of muscle let go and pull up.
nasty feeling, IF it didn't tear it could be on the verge of it so id back the weigth way off for a-while.

Could only be a muscle cramp to, IMO i'd still give it a rest for a-while. Before mine tore started geting a slight aching feeling every time I would bench before it did.

Mine was bad enuff took over a year before I could bench worth a damn.

D

dustyright

Feb 11, 2012
thanks and it has been aching on both my right and left pec whe i bench and when i did skull crushers and military press. I think it was when i was doing military press that i started to notice the pain.
I have no bruising today and it fills a little better. i slept with a heating pad on it and i have been rubing it to stimulate blood flow.

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
It could be a strain as well bro. Either way rest it and see if it gets any better

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Could be a slap tear, strain, or tendon damage.... you might have also just popped some old scar tissue if the area has been injured before.

If there's no bruising my general rule of thumb is to take it really easy, ice, take in more fish oil than a grizzly bear during the salmon run, up the glutamine and do lots of light stretching to flush it all out.
If it doesn't improve at all in a week then go see a doctor.

When I popped a tendon in my armpit by the pec insertion it was a solid 6 months before I could go heavy again, but I was benching the bar by week two and a plate by a month......

Good luck.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic