Latest Member
pbtom

Headed to DC, what are the must do's?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hubs and I headed to DC 12/4-12/9. Stayin downtown first couple days, then headed out to some area outside of DC (Chantilly, VA).

So for those beer nerds that are familiar with what there is to offer in or around that area....let me know!
We have done research on Untappd, that is about it thus far.

Thanks folks!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
We did, a few weeks ago went to Mexico for 8 days LOL.

Goin to DC for a friends' 50th Birthday Party, so we are going to do some sightseeing before the party. Weather and stuff sucks, but oh well.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I went last summer. You're going at a bad time now because of the weather. The wife and I took an uber over to where the State Capitol, monuments, etc are, and just walked around all day. Visited the White House, but never saw President Trump. He was there, I know that much. I was tired from all the walking we did. I think we walked over 15miles. Its quite big that whole area. Vietnam Memorial Wall was cool to see. Same with the Lincoln Monument. Washington Monument was closed, while we were there. Renovations. If you can rent a bike or electric scooter and get around that way if you decide to site see. As for night life, not exactly a party town in DC. But maybe we didnt go to the right places.. I was just there getting some ink at a tattoo expo. Either way, it was cool to see some history. Never been there before and neither had the wife, so just a quick weekend getaway..

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
All of my experience in the area is 20+ years old. I used to spend quite a bit of time in DC and northern VA but I don't think you want to visit places I hung out.
That being said, I think some of the smithsonians are still worth a peek. Air and space etc. and at least go by the White House so you can say you did

Not sure if old town Alexandria is still a thing, but if so, that's where you'll find your tasty brews

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
check out the Smithsonian museums.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Pizza Paradiso
Best Beer Taps in DC are in Georgetown. Check out Pizza Paradiso and Birreria. Great selection of drafts and great pizza too.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic