Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Hamstring Injury?

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
There's no an injury/recovery section so I thought I'd post this here because the topic of AAS may come up.

Last summer I tore my hamstring, it sidelined me until about the first of this year. I have been training hard, squat/bench/press/deads but I can't do heavy deads right now anything over 405lbs and it get's really tight and I feel like I'm going to tear it again. I've been doing step-ups, GHR,leg curls etc.. to hit my hamstring and those exercises don't really seem to bother it. Is there anything I can do to help it heal? I've been getting massaged weekly and icing/heating after training, doing stretches... anything I can think of but it just won't completely heal it's about 90% right now.

I had heard that Deca helps and have a bunch on hand but wasn't really planning on running a cycle this year. I'm on TRT right now and thought about adding 200mg of Deca ew but if it's not going to do anything I'd rather not bother.

Any insight would really be appreciated .

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
There actually is a inj/recovery section.. But I wouldn't run the deca IMO it won't do anything and I've read all that Mumbo jumbo... Some good gh if you can afford it.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
There actually is a inj/recovery section.. But I wouldn't run the deca IMO it won't do anything and I've read all that Mumbo jumbo... Some good gh if you can afford it.

Shit... I see it now, I've never noticed it before. My apologies. Money isn't an issue at all if GH will help I'll run it. Any idea on dosage?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Deca is only good for softening the joints... As for the GH. If you're gonna run it, run as much as you can afford for as long as you can afford to.

I moved this to the injury forum.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Deca is only good for softening the joints... As for the GH. If you're gonna run it, run as much as you can afford for as long as you can afford to.

I moved this to the injury forum.

Thank you POB. Can you point me towards an effective dose? I've never really run HGH, I have a little understanding of doses. I know most guys use about 4-5iu ed for fat loss and BBers use closer to 10iu's. Where would you start at if you were me? I really have no budget restraints.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Has a lot to do with what type gh you end up with and if healing properties is all you are after.
Hg you can run a lot less
Generics 5-10 iu
Good generics 2-5 iu

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I ran GHRP-2 + CJC-1295 when I pulled my glute and it helped. Haven't run GH so I can't comment on that.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Has a lot to do with what type gh you end up with and if healing properties is all you are after.
Hg you can run a lot less
Generics 5-10 iu
Good generics 2-5 iu

Thank you... I have access to legit HGH I think he has Rips, would they be alright at 5iu ed?

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I ran GHRP-2 + CJC-1295 when I pulled my glute and it helped. Haven't run GH so I can't comment on that.

Thank you BI I'll read up on that, I ran a protocol years ago of CJC that Visions had recommended for me but I wasn't hurt at the time.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Thank you POB. Can you point me towards an effective dose? I've never really run HGH, I have a little understanding of doses. I know most guys use about 4-5iu ed for fat loss and BBers use closer to 10iu's. Where would you start at if you were me? I really have no budget restraints.

If you have rips, you'll need to play around and assess the sides you get. Some get terrible lethargy at 4iu per day. I have ran them at 10iu per day for a couple months and as high as 20iu but not for a long period. My biggest issue with GH as a powerlifter is that the carpel tunnel sides were screwing up my training. I missed a 500lb pull when my grip gave out. And A couple times while benching, I had to rest a 300lb bar on my chest to shake out my hands so I could press it back up!

So start at 4iu per day and see how it goes. Avoid fats after pinning. Post workout IMO is the best time to inject as cortisol is sky high.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
If you have rips, you'll need to play around and assess the sides you get. Some get terrible lethargy at 4iu per day. I have ran them at 10iu per day for a couple months and as high as 20iu but not for a long period. My biggest issue with GH as a powerlifter is that the carpel tunnel sides were screwing up my training. I missed a 500lb pull when my grip gave out. And A couple times while benching, I had to rest a 300lb bar on my chest to shake out my hands so I could press it back up!

So start at 4iu per day and see how it goes. Avoid fats after pinning. Post workout IMO is the best time to inject as cortisol is sky high.

Thank you so much for this response brother! I will take all of this advice to heart!

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Before you start pinning any gh get yourself a MRI scan.this way you will know exactly what state your hamstring is in.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic