Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Greetings from BodyMekanics!

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
i'm glad that I read the entire thread prior to teeing off like the rest. consider yourself redeemed in my book. Welcome to the board. You sound like you will contribute well here.....time will tell. We are a tight group.....you came to the right place for kicking the ball around the training arena. Sorry to hear that CF jacked you up like so many others. The concept has been used for centuries to condition warriors and athletes......but money created a monster and exploited the concept.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
At a time I was doing more cross fit style of training. They get a bad rap because a lot of them have bad form, have cult like mentalities, and other things that set them apart. However, if they are enjoying what they are doing and they are living a fit and healthy life then more power to them. While incorporating olympic lifts into many of my training sessions I no longer care about speed(how many reps in a set time for example); much rather having the opportunity to focus on proper form and focusing on the muscles actually working throughout the movement itself.

Every style of fitness or discipline has its quirks and things that we won't always agree on for whatever the reason. At the end of the day though, if it leads to the person living a happier and healthier life then we should encourage them. Now that I look back on it though I wish I would have never went the "crossfit" route because of injuries that I had that could have been avoided. But, we live and learn as we go through life, and if we learn something that improves our way of life or the way we do something then we are better for it.

Bro we are glad to have crossfitters on TID, just as long as they are not holier than thou. I like this post. My thinking is there is a lot to learn out there and no one knows everything, and most disciplines / methods of training have something valid to offer. What it all comes down to is separating the BS from the gold nuggets. That's what we try to do here on TID.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your time on TID.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Much better clarification.

Humility goes a lot further than arrogance 'round these parts.

Thanks for your service.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
welcome, glad you stayed after not such a warm welcome! :) Already replied to one of your threads :)

Bodymekanics

Bodymekanics

Mar 14, 2014
Thank you to everyone. I do have a question about the overall forum... how do I set up getting notifications and what not for various threads (like the ones I start or others)? and do I have to have the notifications emailed to me. or is there a way to just see them on here? I'm not the most tech savvy person...

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
...Humility goes a lot further than arrogance 'round these parts...
unless of course your name is HisAngriness; then arrogance is expected...
i agree with everyone here; your second post warranted a welcome from The Angry One (but just so you know, i WILL break balls about crossfit ALL DAY)

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Sign of a Man to apologize, Good to see you here , Welcome to TID. I also am prone to mashing CF'ers!:D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic